Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt  I've gotten the "SSI" calls too.  I blocked the number so they kept changing numbers. I blocked those too. They've stopped using SSI, at least for now.  The latest thing that's been coming through on our caller ID is "OPX" without any number. My call blocker automatically blocks incomplete numbers or no numbers.    

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@chickenbutt  I've gotten the "SSI" calls too.  I blocked the number so they kept changing numbers. I blocked those too. They've stopped using SSI, at least for now.  The latest thing that's been coming through on our caller ID is "OPX" without any number. My call blocker automatically blocks incomplete numbers or no numbers.    

Thanks!  Smiley Happy   I had just a little bit of worry that it really was SSI with some kind of issue, but not enough to answer them.   AFAIK, my info is currently safe, or at least not stolen.  

What makes this so problematic (for us, not the thieves of course) is that  they can do this masking of the real caller info and number.    It seems like the carriers should be able to preclude this and that would make a HUGE difference.

Regular Contributor

I have had this issue with the red Microsoft warning and loud voice too. It was only happening whenever I would visit a certain website. The only way I could clear it was to take my pc battery out and then reinstall it. Just shutting off the power didn't get rid of it.