Respected Contributor

Re: New Buzz Words

[ Edited ]

Pat always said "without a doubt" a lot.  I guess she's switched it up.

And yeah enough with the Friyay and Jackie Jane.  Jane T was adding something else to the Jackie Jane the other night - I couldn't even follow what she was talking about.   

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

For years, Pat has often said, "that's the beauty of it" over and over, about as often as Mary Beth repetitiously says, "here's the thing". 

Yesterday I heard Lori Goldstein and today Susan Grave say, "that's the beauty of it".  I hope the hosts aren't going to start using this expression ad nauseum as they tend to do.  I guess it's better than Lori being constantly obsessed or Jane Treacy loving Fri-yay. 

Maybe instead of complaining about all the hosts, we could come up with some new expressions and help them out.Smiley Happy

My "come up" is turn the sound off, I do this and it works.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Buzz Words

[ Edited ]

Something that makes me chuckle a bit---oh those poor hosts they have to talk for all those hours --- Well before we bring out the violins----when I think about it--- well they chose the job, (and there's always tons of people that apply for it whenever QVC has an opening) and from what I read they are nicely rewarded for their efforts.  Think about others that have a job that also requires talking, and some do it for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and some of these jobs just pay minimum wage: 

Jobs like--Customer Service Reps, Car and Furniture Store Sales People, Teachers/Professors, Conference Speakers, Insurance Salespeople,  Pharmaceutical Sales Reps,  Trial Lawyers.....and even Telemarketers... (ducking and weaving on that last one...😄) 

And perhaps the solution for eliminating repetitious phrases, is for the hosts to spend more time doing their homewok on the products and gathering insights by talking to the vendors behind the scenes....doesnt that responsibility come with the job. 🤔

Have a good day everyone!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

One of the several reasons I no longer watch QVC live. I look online and can see whatever was shown and watch a video if there is one...on mute, if necessary! The worst? " go head and order"