Valued Contributor

We don't even have Apple products and we get these calls!

Honored Contributor

Those are silly scam calls, a call like that doesn't even make sense.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just received a call from Apple Care, telling me not to use my account until I spoke with a representative.  I am certain that this is one of the new scams out there.  If you have an Apple device, be aware.

@SXMGirl  That’s it...just a warning by phone?  No request for information?  How is that a scam?  A lie, very likely. A scam in itself, I don’t think so. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda, I disagree.  The message was to stay on the phone to speak with a representative.  This is really no different that those calls regarding the IRS or any of those other calls.  When they want to speak with you, in my opinion only, they want some type of access to your accounts, be it the Apple account, bank/credit card, or your password.  Again, just my opinion.  Anyone here can certainly take my post any way they would like.  I just think that people should be aware.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl Okay, that’s a different story...if someone wanted to talk more or wanted you to talk to someone else.  I agree with you. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Exactly.  It does make no sense. That's not the way reputable companies would ever do business.  (A phone call, maybe.  But not something so vague and open-ended.)  

Honored Contributor

I get emails from apple all the time, at least 2x a week.  The emails say, your account has suspicious charges.  I need to call them right away to verify the purchase.!!  Darn scammers.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New Apple Scam

[ Edited ]

@NYC Susan wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Exactly.  It does make no sense. That's not the way reputable companies would ever do business.  (A phone call, maybe.  But not something so vague and open-ended.)  

Shoekitty said,

Telemarketers, I am so irate.  All day.  Comes in waves though.  The idiots.  Jmho.  I am now getting messages in Chinese, japanese and another asian language I cant identify.  I ignore all calls but some go to voicemail!!!  Asian robos.  I am caucasian, but I do have a Japanese surname.  These guys don't miss a beat.  My husband is Japanese and he doesnt speak the language unless it is ordering food in a Sushi bar.  Lol.  

I dont think reputable companies even make telemarketing calls anymore, do you?