Respected Contributor

As much as I use Amazon to order many items I believe I will stick with my local Walgreen's for my prescription.  For one thing we use Silver Script through our Medicare Part D so our prescription price savings are pretty good.  

The other thing is I like that at any time I can go in to our pharmacy and speak face to face with the pharmacist.   One time I miscounted and ran out of a med that I needed. That was on a Tuesday and I had an appointment with my doctor for that Thursday

I went into the pharmacy and explained what had happened. Even though my prescription had ran out and I needed to see my doctor for my annual exam before I could get another refill the pharmacist gave me 6 tablets free of charge to tide me over until I saw my doctor.  

If I was using Amazon for my scripts I couldn't have done that.  I have a long time relationship with this pharmacy and I like knowing that I can get help from them if I need it.

I will continue to use Amazon for everything else.  I've always been very pleased with their services.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

As much as I use Amazon to order many items I believe I will stick with my local Walgreen's for my prescription.  For one thing we use Silver Script through our Medicare Part D so our prescription price savings are pretty good.  

The other thing is I like that at any time I can go in to our pharmacy and speak face to face with the pharmacist.   One time I miscounted and ran out of a med that I needed. That was on a Tuesday and I had an appointment with my doctor for that Thursday

I went into the pharmacy and explained what had happened. Even though my prescription had ran out and I needed to see my doctor for my annual exam before I could get another refill the pharmacist gave me 6 tablets free of charge to tide me over until I saw my doctor.  

If I was using Amazon for my scripts I couldn't have done that.  I have a long time relationship with this pharmacy and I like knowing that I can get help from them if I need it.

I will continue to use Amazon for everything else.  I've always been very pleased with their services.

@J Town Girl wrote:

@J Town Girl 

This is the same kind of relationship we have with our Walgreens pharmacy.  They have bent over backwards to be helpful whenever we've had a problem over the years. I love to order from Amazon,  but they won't be getting my pharmacy business.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: New Amazon Pharmacy

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Spurt "Some say"?  Who are those "some"?  I don't fear Amazon.  I use Amazon for lots of purchases.

@Cats3000 

Frank Foer with The Atlntic, Vanity Fair, theguardian.com, thetimes.co.uk, ciol.com, wallstreetjournal.com.....

I cant post links due to ads of other retailers and political columns which are prohibited by QVC Forum Standards

And the less retail options we have means that prices will increase, competition is what keeps prices competitive....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: New Amazon Pharmacy

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

QVC may go that route next . You never know. ROFL

Your pills and such will be in 'processing' for 5 days, then, mail will take couple of weeks, get stagnant in one town for a week, holiday shut down,

porch pirate will end up stealing it.

I don't trust the mails.

@SharkE 

My aunt had so many problems with prescription mail deliveries...Or it sits at your front door in the hot sun....

I pick up at the Pharmacy....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Wonder if they'll start selling medical marijuana.

Esteemed Contributor

I order from Amazon several times per week, and depend on  Amazon Prime's cost saving benefit for so many things; more than I can count, so I will strongly consider using this option; once the reviews are in.

Currently, most of my vitamins and supplements are ordered through Amazon at very reasonable prices. I believe the competition for prescriptions will likely help keep costs down.👍

Walmart and Target have pharmacies; with Target even offering clinic services owned by CVS. I read that Amazon is now offering clinic services to warehous employees in limited markets, as part of a pilot program. 😊 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖