Esteemed Contributor

@Marp , fortunately my only 'script is for ibuprofen for 1 arthritic knee. I use GoodRX as it's much cheaper than my ins co pay.

I have changed pharmacies over time and yep, I have asked from time to time the country of origin for a short term prescription.

I don't deal with the A. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Amazon Pharmacy

[ Edited ]

First retail, then groceries, his web services control half of the cloud computing industry, now he's into pharmacueticals, he owns the Wshington Post, and health insurance and banking is in their future too......some say that Bezos related in an interview 6 yrs ago....he wants world domination....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Their website says you can speak to a pharmacist 24/7.

As for where your medicines come from, so what?   You have no idea now.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt "Some say"?  Who are those "some"?  I don't fear Amazon.  I use Amazon for lots of purchases.

Respected Contributor

We are on Medicare Part D.  As far as I can tell, the Amazon Pharmacy Service is NOT part of the program.  If it eventually does, I'll check it's prices the same as I do every year through the "Plan Finder".

Honored Contributor

QVC may go that route next . You never know. ROFL

Your pills and such will be in 'processing' for 5 days, then, mail will take couple of weeks, get stagnant in one town for a week, holiday shut down,

porch pirate will end up stealing it.

I don't trust the mails.

Esteemed Contributor

I find the manufacturer on the prescription bottle, and you can research them to see where they are located.  Or ask the pharmacist.  I don't think customer service is good with Amazon and think it will be only slightly improved with a pharmacy, only because there is probably some regulation that requires a pharmacist to be available.

Super Contributor

I have to admit I have not paid much attention to where  my prescriptions were made until recently.....a medication I had been taking for some time was costing $33. For a three month supply....then suddenly the price jumped to $77. When I inquired about the change in price.... I was told the pharmacy had changed suppliers...I looked at the old box and saw it was manufactured in India....the new box had two manufacturing addresses...one was Canada the other Florida.....

Esteemed Contributor

I have been an Amazon customer for at least 20 years. I jokingly refer to them as my spirit animal. In other words I order a lot. With that said they are becoming too large in my opinion.  As another poster stated, when is enough..enough.

I order my RX's from my Providers pharmacy, and I am very happy with that arrangement. I have no intention of spending even more of my money with Mr. Bezo's, he has enough. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Amazon Pharmacy

[ Edited ]

I'm sure they're contracting with an existing Pharmacy Benefit Manager.

Edited to add: If you get a mail order prescription, which this Amazon thing basically is, you still have to have some sort of relationship with a physical pharmacy store or chain.

If you lose your medicine or you don't plan well enough and run out, you need to be able to have somewhere to go to get an emergency supply of one or two pills while you're straightening things out. Or if you need to have a checkup before you can renew your prescription and the scheduling for that gets messed up. You might think that can never happen because you're very organized, but you really don't know for sure.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr