Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Oh, @just bee .  That is awful.  How do you cope?  Your house, in the pictures you've shared, is a lovely thing.  Creativity is strength.

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Well, this is something I definitely don't recommend!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  Just wow.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.  I have missed you around here, @just bee .

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Image result for stay happy dogs

@silkyk 

This is so true.  We lost our house and two vehicles in a fire recently and got out just in time with our dog.

He's made this whole experience a little easier to handle.

@just bee   I'm so sorry to hear about your home.  I can't imagine how awful!

Back in October of 2012 my neighbor directly across the street from us lost their home to a fire too.  It was something to see the house engulfed in flames but they got themselves and their cars out just in time....nothing except for a few photo albums that was down in the basement was saved.

Today they are doing very well and have a lovely new home.   I hope that soon you and your family will be doing well too in a new home.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Wow.  Just wow.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.  I have missed you around here, @just bee .

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Thank you. Heart

I just want to get back to normal but we're looking at close to a year out of our home.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Image result for stay happy dogs

@silkyk 

This is so true.  We lost our house and two vehicles in a fire recently and got out just in time with our dog.

He's made this whole experience a little easier to handle.

@just bee   I'm so sorry to hear about your home.  I can't imagine how awful!

Back in October of 2012 my neighbor directly across the street from us lost their home to a fire too.  It was something to see the house engulfed in flames but they got themselves and their cars out just in time....nothing except for a few photo albums that was down in the basement was saved.

Today they are doing very well and have a lovely new home.   I hope that soon you and your family will be doing well too in a new home.

@haddon9 

Our fire started in the garage (they think it was the truck) and both vehicles melted.  I had an antique chest in there that held almost all the photos.  That's now a briquette.

What we have is mostly smoke and water damage so we have to go through and decide what can be saved and what must be trashed.  The majority will be landfill.

Anything plastic is a goner.  Think DVDs, CDs, LPs. Woman Sad

We have to inventory everything.  It's daunting.  Better-half is a minimalist and he had been after me to pare down.  I should have done it before the fire.