Esteemed Contributor

Re: Never Pass Up A Chance To . . .

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze It has been years since I lost my last two fur children and reading these posts it has brought on a onslaught of tears, I am so sorry for your loss!

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom This just did me in, I have never seen this poem before, it gives me great comfort to know that my many fur children are beside me every step of the way, thanks for posting this, it is just beautiful!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@SilleeMee I have tears streaming down my face, Pepper is blessed that you entered his life when it was obvious he needed help, I am sorry his health is fading, never easy to live through as us animal lovers know.

Take comfort in knowing when his time comes to cross the "Rainbow Bridge" that he will be made whole again, and be able to run and live free of pain, all the while holding you his angel of mercy in his heart!

Bless you for taking the time to make his life richer and for giving him the love he needs, Pepper and you will be held in my heart and soul for a long time to come, prayers going out to both of you!

Thank you @CareBears. You are kind. Heart

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom that one didn't make it any better- it made me cry harder! I shared both with my husband and he too started crying- that should tell you how much it hit us. They are beautiful poems but so heartbreaking. All I want is my boy back so badly. I'm having a really hard time with this. My heart is so broken and sad. I miss everything about my sweet boy. I know you know what I mean. I am sorry for your loss too (and yours as well, @CareBears!). I'm not sure how much more I can take. I feel so sick. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze The pain for you is devastating, as we all have known and felt your pain, allow yourselves to grieve and let your tears flow for as long as you need to, I lost my last two fur children years ago and at times the pain of their loss still consumes me, and that is OK too!

We never stop mourning the loss of our babies, our heart feels the loss each and every day, but in time we can find the light of a new day, and live our lives honoring their memories and sharing our love with others so that they too can know how our fur children touched our lives and hearts!

Turn to each other for comfort, and talk between yourselves about your favorite memories, please do not hold your loss inside, you need  each other now more than ever!

I will keep your family in my heart, thoughts and prayers, please know that you are not alone, and if you need to pour out your heart hop onto the forums, us pet lovers know your pain and are here for you!