Esteemed Contributor

Re: Never Pass Up A Chance To . . .

@SilleeMee wrote:

...to spend a couple of hours a day with a very old little black dog who has become my close friend over the last several months. He's my neighbor's dog and is all alone and old. I think he will be leaving me soon to go to the Rainbow Bridge. My heart aches.

@SilleeMee  I have been wondering how that situation has been playing out.  I take it the owner is still letting you have access to this dog to give him some love and to walk?  That dog is really lucky that you took notice of the situation and offered a helping and loving hand.  Sorry that he is failing, but you have made his end of life so much better.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

...to spend a couple of hours a day with a very old little black dog who has become my close friend over the last several months. He's my neighbor's dog and is all alone and old. I think he will be leaving me soon to go to the Rainbow Bridge. My heart aches.

@SilleeMee  I have been wondering how that situation has been playing out.  I take it the owner is still letting you have access to this dog to give him some love and to walk?  That dog is really lucky that you took notice of the situation and offered a helping and loving hand.  Sorry that he is failing, but you have made his end of life so much better.

Thank you for your kind words @tends2dogs. Yes, "Pepper" is not doing well at all. His owner, my neighbor, is getting ready to move into a condo where no pets are allowed and the dog may be put down.Smiley Sad Pepper has pooping and peeing issues...no control. He is almost completely blind and totally deaf. I'm sad to say I think his time has come. I am so sad, I have tears.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you for your kind words @tends2dogs. Yes, "Pepper" is not doing well at all. His owner, my neighbor, is getting ready to move into a condo where no pets are allowed and the dog may be put down.Smiley Sad Pepper has pooping and peeing issues...no control. He is almost completely blind and totally deaf. I'm sad to say I think his time has come. I am so sad, I have tears.

@SilleeMee...Oh this touched my heart so!...Will you be with him when the time comes...I think it would be wonderful and comforting for Pepper to know that you will be there when he crosses over the Rainbow Bridge!...Bless you for taking the time to bring such love and compassion into his life! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

...kiss and hug your loved ones (2-legged AND -legged) and tell them how much You love them (even those that have left us)

...appreciate the beauty around you (look up from your darn phones once in awhile!!!)

....give thanks for all the blessings in your life

...thanking a veteran or their families 

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee...Oh this touched my heart so!...Will you be with him when the time comes...I think it would be wonderful and comforting for Pepper to know that you will be there when he crosses over the Rainbow Bridge!...Bless you for taking the time to bring such love and compassion into his life! Heart

Thank you @MyShadowLoveWoman Happy. Yes, I will be there.

Honored Contributor

To say "Thank you" when you see any of our military, firefighters, police or any other rescue personnel.Heart

And never pass up a chance to rescue a homeless pet instead of buying one!HeartHeart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Dance with my birds.  Okay, the eldest Poppi look at me as though I am insane.  Usually it's me and my youngest girl Presto.

This morning it was me and Grayson dancing to:

Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynIHsHYaig0

Doobie Brothers - Takin' it to the Streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxWPEdYCnI

Then Mama had to go to work, lol.

@Bird mama:

Great music choices from them.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

To say "Thank you" when you see any of our military, firefighters, police or any other rescue personnel.Heart

And never pass up a chance to rescue a homeless pet instead of buying one!HeartHeart

oh yes yes yes good one, @KingstonsMom!!

Respected Contributor

Have tater tots.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wow, it as if you adopted Pepper.  I am happy that you will be able to be there to bid him a loving farewell.  He will feel your presence.  You have given this dog a gift.  You definetly did not PASS UP THE CHANCE to show love to a living creature in need.  ((((hugs)))))

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!