Esteemed Contributor

Today is the 18th anniversary of the terrible day when our country was attacked.  I lost two friends who were Port Authority Police Officers:  Officer Alfonse J. Niedermeyer and Officer John P. Skala.  They lost their lives in the line of duty trying to save lives.  I will never forget that awful day when almost 3000 Americans were senselessly murdered.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Never Forget!

[ Edited ]

working for a Wall St firm at the time, it is impossible to forget what happened that day. but i also remember how a few days later, America rose again with the re-opening of the NYSE in defiance of attempts to quell our indomitable spirit. we got back to work with  heads held high despite the tears (and there were many).  we moved forward all together in loving memory of those needlessly killed 9/11/01.

i'll never forget.

Honored Contributor

It's a very somber day.

We went to the 9/11 Memorial last year when we were in New York.  I can't even describe how it feels to walk through there knowing what happened that forever changes so many lives.

Respected Contributor

I’ll never forget.  I am still so saddened and shocked.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

I already posted on another thread so I won’t repeat myself. But I will say that day changed me forever. I’m more nervous & suspicious about things around me when I’m out in public.

I also more openly appreciate my good friends & loved ones . Life is too short. I want to live each day & give thanks.I say “I love you” a lot.

We need to spread acceptance over rejection & love over hate!!

My heart is very heavy today. It hurts to remember.But we must never forget!! 💐

Honored Contributor

Never will forget it happened or who did it.  But mostly we will never forget the victims and their loved ones.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Never Forget!

[ Edited ]

I will never forget. So many people were affected in one way or another.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I hope one day to find the strength to see the 911 memorial....I went to the OKC memorial and felt such a deep pain and sadness and looking at those empty chairs made my heart ache. I could feel the emptyness of those lost that day permeating my soul...I felt their pain was left behind on this earth.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

I already posted on another thread so I won’t repeat myself. But I will say that day changed me forever. I’m more nervous & suspicious about things around me when I’m out in public.

I also more openly appreciate my good friends & loved ones . Life is too short. I want to live each day & give thanks.I say “I love you” a lot.

We need to spread acceptance over rejection & love over hate!!

My heart is very heavy today. It hurts to remember.But we must never forget!! 💐

@NicksmomESQ   Beautifully said!

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

I hope one day to find the strength to see the 911 memorial....I went to the OKC memorial and felt such a deep pain and sadness and looking at those empty chairs made my heart ache. I could feel the emptyness of those lost that day permeating my soul...I felt their pain was left behind on this earth.

@dex  .. I can relate to how you feel.  Some Port Authority Police officers who were friends of mine had offered to take me to ground zero just a couple weeks after that horrible day.  I just could not do it. It would have been unbearable for me to walk in an area where so many people had lost their lives .... and where so many were still buried.