Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,142
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Never Forget!

Today is the 18th anniversary of the terrible day when our country was attacked.  I lost two friends who were Port Authority Police Officers:  Officer Alfonse J. Niedermeyer and Officer John P. Skala.  They lost their lives in the line of duty trying to save lives.  I will never forget that awful day when almost 3000 Americans were senselessly murdered.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,698
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Never Forget!

[ Edited ]

working for a Wall St firm at the time, it is impossible to forget what happened that day. but i also remember how a few days later, America rose again with the re-opening of the NYSE in defiance of attempts to quell our indomitable spirit. we got back to work with  heads held high despite the tears (and there were many).  we moved forward all together in loving memory of those needlessly killed 9/11/01.

 

i'll never forget.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,731
Registered: ‎11-03-2018

Re: Never Forget!

It's a very somber day.

 

We went to the 9/11 Memorial last year when we were in New York.  I can't even describe how it feels to walk through there knowing what happened that forever changes so many lives.

 

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,868
Registered: ‎03-21-2017

Re: Never Forget!

I’ll never forget.  I am still so saddened and shocked.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,481
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

Re: Never Forget!


@Hippiified wrote:

I’ll never forget.  I am still so saddened and shocked.




   I already posted on another thread so I won’t repeat myself. But I will say that day changed me forever. I’m more nervous & suspicious about things around me when I’m out in public.

  I also more openly appreciate my good friends & loved ones . Life is too short. I want to live each day & give thanks.I say “I love you” a lot.

   We need to spread acceptance over rejection & love over hate!!

   My heart is very heavy today. It hurts to remember.But we must never forget!! 💐

   

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,919
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Never Forget!

Never will forget it happened or who did it.  But mostly we will never forget the victims and their loved ones.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,099
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Never Forget!

[ Edited ]

I will never forget. So many people were affected in one way or another.

Confucius says don’t listen to a tolerance lecture from a bully.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,272
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Never Forget!

I hope one day to find the strength to see the 911 memorial....I went to the OKC memorial and felt such a deep pain and sadness and looking at those empty chairs made my heart ache. I could feel the emptyness of those lost that day permeating my soul...I felt their pain was left behind on this earth.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,868
Registered: ‎03-21-2017

Re: Never Forget!


@Nicksmom wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

I’ll never forget.  I am still so saddened and shocked.




   I already posted on another thread so I won’t repeat myself. But I will say that day changed me forever. I’m more nervous & suspicious about things around me when I’m out in public.

  I also more openly appreciate my good friends & loved ones . Life is too short. I want to live each day & give thanks.I say “I love you” a lot.

   We need to spread acceptance over rejection & love over hate!!

   My heart is very heavy today. It hurts to remember.But we must never forget!! 💐

   


@Nicksmom   Beautifully said!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,142
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Never Forget!


@Whatnow wrote:

I hope one day to find the strength to see the 911 memorial....I went to the OKC memorial and felt such a deep pain and sadness and looking at those empty chairs made my heart ache. I could feel the emptyness of those lost that day permeating my soul...I felt their pain was left behind on this earth.


@Whatnow  .. I can relate to how you feel.  Some Port Authority Police officers who were friends of mine had offered to take me to ground zero just a couple weeks after that horrible day.  I just could not do it. It would have been unbearable for me to walk in an area where so many people had lost their lives .... and where so many were still buried.