Honored Contributor

Maybe we need to be Christmas shopping now, if this is how it's going to be!

It might arrive just in time.

Honored Contributor

Just a note, some Macys stores (in states that re-opening) will be open next week and all stores will be open by 6 weeks from now.

From CNN and Money magazine:

Raleigh, North Carolina (CNN Business)Macy's (M) announced plans to reopen 68 of its stores less than a week from now in states that have loosened social distancing restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic.

During a Thursday morning webcast, Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette told analysts and investors that the company's stores in Georgia, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas and Tennessee -- where governors are easing Covid-19 social distancing mandates -- will reopen on a limited basis Monday, with hours of operation between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Gennette said he expects that all 775 Macy's stores will be back up and running six weeks from now -- as long as coronavirus infection rates continue to dwindle and state and local governments permit stores to reopen.

Macy's is taking a phased approach to reopening, with about 50 additional stores set to open on May 11, according to Gennette.

The company is also making many changes to its shopping experience to promote customer and employee safety amid the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, according to documents obtained by CNN Business. Customers won't be allowed to try on certain clothing items, including dress shirts and bras. "Spa-like" services will also be suspended.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Anything i have ever ordered from Macys comes from one of their stores.

@CatsyCline 

Most of my orders from Macys have also come from one of their stores.

You can easily tell by clothes items on hangers, using tissue paper in folds, etc. and carefully packaged prepared for shipment, not all wadded up in the bottom of a plastic bag.

I'll take that to warehouse shipped items anyday!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I placed a rather large order on josie maran's website for the free shipping a couple weeks ago.  My order was placed at the beginning of the week yet my order remains open and unattended.  Meanwhile, other online orders from other websites have already shipped and in a couple cases been delivered. The social distancing in warehouses and employees coming to work sick and spreading it to others has been a problem I hear. 

Honored Contributor
Shipping warehouses are understaffed due to virus illness and social distancing requirements. I would not expect quick delivery on anything. Seems unfair to complain given the circumstances.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Never Again

[ Edited ]

People need to practice a little thing called "patience" in these unprecedented times.

They need to accept the fact that they are not going to get their item in to their hot little hands, two seconds after placing the order.

They need to understand and accept the fact that warehouses are short/under staffed.

Talk about first world problems!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I recently had an order with JCPenney's.  I waited 3 weeks for the order and I knew it was because of  COVID-19.  Aside from that, it was coming USPS.  I've had two orders coming FEDX and didn't have a delay as I did with JCP/USPS. 

Valued Contributor

I also ordered something from the NYDJ website that was supposed to be delivered by fedex yesterday but wasn't.

Kind of unsettling when you get notification it's on the truck and then left to understand what went wrong with zero information.  

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki I had the same thing with a blouse from another vendor.  I was told at the time of the phone order that the warehouses weren't staffed.

It seems we're all dealing with warehouse staffing issues.  It a wonder we can get anything anywhere in any type of store.

Honored Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I also ordered something from the NYDJ website that was supposed to be delivered by fedex yesterday but wasn't.

Kind of unsettling when you get notification it's on the truck and then left to understand what went wrong with zero information.  

Take heart, my microwave was supposed to be delivered yesterday, and the tracking didn't change till this AM. It was delivered an hour ago.  It was from Walmart and delivered fedex.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan