Honored Contributor

Re: Neighbors helping neighbors

I grew up with the Cold War and thinking we'd be nuked any day.  All of us have to cope with things that are scary and unpleasant.  We all have to find out own path to doing it.   Young and old.  

Respected Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

Do you wonder perhaps the country needed this?  Ive been thinking anout it alot.  We have become so selfish and disrespectful towards each other.  People are always in a hurry with neery a smile.  Kids disrespect their parent, teachers and authority figures.  Crime and drug use is rampant, All across the country people hate their lives, theres no community anymore. Everyone wants to be a Kardashian.  Maybe things will change for the better.  Hate to see anyone sick though, I hope it starts to reverse itself shortly and we have a new normal.

From whence does this kind of thinking come from?  

Woman Surprised

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner -

So strange we keep thinking along the same lines!

I was just thinking the other day that this reminds me of the cuban missile crisis where we knew any minute we might not be here! We were very young, but old enough to know waiting for the school bus-so surreal.

Of course this is longer but kind of the same feeling and you're right we all have to find a way to live thru this 

and hopefully we will!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Love the heartwarming stories. Keep them coming.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau