Esteemed Contributor

Re: Neighborhood Fireworks...

Last night I went to visit my parents. On my way home, there were people doing fireworks on the road that I live on, some had fireworks set up right on the side of the road. Others where in their yards, and fireworks coming over to the road. I thought about calling the sheriff's office, its ridiculous to put exploding devices on the road where people drive.

Honored Contributor

The Frog and PenguINN: Happy Birthday to U.S.

I think if Mr. Adams were alive today, he might be whistling a different tune.

They didn't stop until 1:00 this morning and it appears that one of our neighbors went away for the weekend and left the dog in the yard.

He's a bit hoarse this morning.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I find the fireworks to be obnoxious. I enjoy professionally put on shows, but I don’t think they should be allowed at all in the city. In PA, no one is supposed to set them off within 150 feet of structures, but nothing happens to anyone who does. They keep me up when I need to be asleep and have work in the morning and scare my poor cats.
Esteemed Contributor

This weekend a Chinese Lantern landed on one of my roofs - thanks goodness it was out and fell to the cement patio.

Respected Contributor

OH MAN!  My kitty was shaking, quaking and yowling in fear.  I called the police but they were just overwhelmed themselves.  I know this thread is old but because of the issue with signing in I could not post. 

I feel for everyone here that suffered in the seige. XXOO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

@Susan Louise I like your emotie.  Please tell me how to get those for here.  I don't know how to do that. Thank you.  

@agb80,  Here's one of the websites with similar emoticons:

https://yoursmiles.org/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

The professional fireworks displays are ok because they're one and done and over, but I'm still not a fan of them. 

We have several people in our neighborhood that set off fireworks that are illegal for use in neighborhoods and near structures, but they don't care. People cross the border to our neighboring state to buy the fireworks that they can't buy here and are illegal for home use, and then set them off in the streets of our neighborhood. It goes on all summer.

I hate the noise, smoke, and remnants left behind in my yard, street, and occasionally on my roof. I feel sorry for the animals & people with PTSD trying to cope. It's also dangerous when there's been a drought. I heard someone say the other day that the busiest ER day of the year is July 4. Not surprised. 

Contributor

We had no sleep until 3 am on July 3. The police don't even respond to illegal fireworks calls and they publicized that ahead of time, so it was nonstop noise night and day. Hopefully we heard the last one last night around midnight. Our neighbors have three dogs that really had a hard time with the noise. Doggy Valium was badly needed.