Honored Contributor

Re: Need your gift help again please!

I will check them out @RetRN.  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

If I can piggyback off the yoga mat idea--I just want to add that all yoga mats are not created equal, in case you are not familiar with them.  There is a huge difference between the cute ones at discount stores and a Manduka.  A Manduka was my third and current yoga mat and it is thick (to protect one's joints) but is extremely stable.  Mine cost around $100, though. I haven't used one but hear a decent yet much less expensive mat brand is Gaiam. 

I love that you put so much thought and effort into getting the perfect gift for the recipient.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Thank you @BExplorer.  I found a really cheap set and then looked at the mat and realized why.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Laura14...if you purchase wine for your sister, there are some beautiful wine stoppers 'out there' today.....it would be a nice add on the the gift.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mom2Dogs!  I know they have more barware than a pub but that's a great idea too.  I will check them out!

Honored Contributor

@Laura14...it is very diffiicult to buy for people that are a tad picky.

I think I am going to purchase from Bend Soap Company (Goat Milk) products for my girlfriend this year.

Honored Contributor

You are not lying @Mom2Dogs.  I've been wanting to try the goat's milk products.  I also found one on QVC made of olive oil.  That is definitely on my list as long as it doesn't make a mess of the bath tub which oils tend to do.     Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 or anyone that knows....I wanted to make part of the goat milk gift the scrub....was wondering if you take a bath (which my friend does) never showers....is your bath water full of 'stuff' from the scrub....cause you would be sitting in all that scrubby stuff.....and, yes I will have to check to see if their is oil in the scrub as well, I know that would irk her, ha!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  I take nothing but baths unless I am really dirty from outside or washing my hair.  If you do a scrub down, yes you'll need to clean your tub after.  BUT, if you are a  bath person, you're in the habit of doing it anyway.

Scrubs I have no problem with and actually really like.  It's the oils that don't mix well with water and cause you a problem cleaning the tub that I can do without.    

Honored Contributor

You could get her a $50 gift card that could be used towards running shoes or clothes . If you can't do a store you could get a generic card like a Visa or MC gift card. Print out a picture of some cute sneakers and an outfit and tuck the gift card with that in a birthday card.

I don't know if you have time to get it because it does take extra time, but I once got a personalized wine glass with a bottle of wine for a friend's birthday. She loved that it had her name on it. Got it on ETSY, it wasn't expensive.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"