Honored Contributor

Re: National Anthem

[ Edited ]

@gaga wrote:

Was that the Indian War Chant I heard when they introduced the Kansas City Chiefs????? Wasn't that offensive to the American Indians???? Didn't the Washington Red Skins have to change their name??? What am I missing here??? Hated the National Anthem too!!! Turning off the game & I will wait it to hear that Mahomes beat the ****** out of Brady!!! Go Chiefs!🏈🏈

Looks like you might have a bit of a wait... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I just watched it on YouTube ... it was just OK ... nothing spectacular...... I didn’t care for the female singer at all but, together they were just OK .... where are all the good singers that can sing rather than scream 😱 

Respected Contributor

Not what I was expecting from the comments here. I enjoyed it.

Honored Contributor

I think the National Anthem is a majestic song worth being the National Anthem. American the Beautiful is a nice song, but without the presence of the anthem.  Maybe it could be the national song?

The Anthem is about pride and the concept that despite hard times we revere the flag and the country and support America.  It's not easy to sing and shouldn't be because the concept isn't about easy.   

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@gaga wrote:

Was that the Indian War Chant I heard when they introduced the Kansas City Chiefs????? Wasn't that offensive to the American Indians???? Didn't the Washington Red Skins have to change their name??? What am I missing here??? Hated the National Anthem too!!! Turning off the game & I will wait it to hear that Mahomes beat the ****** out of Brady!!! Go Chiefs!🏈🏈

Looks like you might have a bit of a wait... 

Yeah...guess Mahomes really showed Brady what's what...uhhh...NOT.

Experience over youth.  Seventh Super Bowl ring!

Honored Contributor

Re: National Anthem

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego -

that is just how I felt tooSmiley Happy

If anyone hasn't gotten to listen to Reina Ozbay, sing the National anthem, listen on youtube.

She was 9 at the time in 2019. Voice of an angel.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't like this rendition at all. My all time favorite performance of The National Anthem was when Whitney Houston sang it. IMO it was perfection!!

Super Contributor

I enjoyed it and appreciate that each vocalist can approach a song with her or his own style.  Also, while I had not heard of Eric Church, I'm a big fan of Jazmine Sullivan and love her voice.  The blending of genre really spoke to where we need to be as a country.

Valued Contributor

I surprised by some of the comments.  I thought they did an excellent job of blending styles.  Jasmin Sullivan has a beautiful voice.  I was not familiar with Eric Church but enjoyed him today.  The were great IMO.  

Honored Contributor

I've watched it a couple of times now and I think they did a fine job.  It's our national anthem - for every citizen to sing.  It doesn't have to be set in stone.

The meaning and emotion it evokes remains the same.