Trusted Contributor
Worst ever
Esteemed Contributor
Well I kind of liked it. It is nice to do something different as long as it is not disrespectful. My Hubby did not like it though.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

inclusive   lovely    nothing offensive to me   Tough song to sing

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

After Lady Gaga's rendition at the inauguration all else pales in comparison. 

Actually, I far prefer Gaga's rendition from the Super Bowl a few years ago - it was almost traditional, which I find to be more emotional. She sounded great at the inauguration, but I didn't like all of her changes.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

IMO, our National Anthem should be performed in the traditional manner.  It's not something that needs "creative" changes.  There isn't another Country in the world where this would be allowed.

I didn't care for this version of the National Anthem nor the Jimi Hendrix version of America The Beautiful.

I don't know about that, @grandma r, but if so, then I'm happy I live in a country that wouldn't censor something like this.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I missed the singing of the National Anthem, but I 💗 it when our military sings it!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

He was awful--who is he???--she was good and the best part were the fireworks!

Eric Church, an overrated country singer.  Can't stand him

Honored Contributor

I didnt watch at game on TV. but I listened to it on youtube.  No likey.  I guess I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to some songs.  Especially the anthem.   To each their own however.. I am a Tom Waits andBob Dylan  fan, so I like edgy     BUT THIS....NO LIKEY.  JMHO

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for it, I prefer the traditional way of singing it.

Although it may be a 'difficult' song to sing, many great performers have successfully accomplished it with ease in the past.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: National Anthem

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I didn't care for it, I prefer the traditional way of singing it.

Although it may be a 'difficult' song to sing, many great performers have successfully accomplished it with ease in the past.

Shoekitty said, I di too.  On youtube  was an acapella group of young girls caled the Cactus Cuties   So beautiful,  look them up on youtube.  There were also a few others I loved