Honored Contributor

Years ago a caller told Kathy L. that when she purchased something from the Q. she would request several different sizes and then try them on and send back the ones that didn't fit. I always thought this was just wrong.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

What do you mean by sarcastic? 

What are your "reasons" for the many returns?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: Nasty letter

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Shanus 

This policy has nothing to do with QVC being 'insensitive' to the pandemic, this has been their policy for the entire 26+ years that I've shopped here.

Every retail entity has to draw a line somewhere with excessive returns to stay in business, many B&M stores do the same thing.

If buyers continually experience the issues you cited in your last paragraph, why would anyone continue to order from that retailer, when there are so many other choices online?

Einstein said the 'Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results'.......

@KingstonsMom Q, besides Amazon, has some of what everyone needed during the last year...including food items. Some people depend on Q for shopping and have been let down more so over the years. 

I've made many, many returns over the last 12 months.  No other site even hinted that my account would be closed, but they have adequate staff and computer systems to handle the orders/returns. Again, I still think it's on them. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus  Only addressing your saying when word gets out about returning and cutting you off from purchasing. This is nothing new at QVC. I have seen posters saying they got the letter for years. 

@proudlyfromNJ  Nice way to treat customers when businesses are not doing well now, right?

Honored Contributor

I can't think of 1 item that the Q sells that I personally NEED during this pandemic.  Nothing.  In fact, last Spring and Summer I ordered pretty much nothing from here.  Amazon, Instacart and Costco - that's a different story.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Shanus  Only addressing your saying when word gets out about returning and cutting you off from purchasing. This is nothing new at QVC. I have seen posters saying they got the letter for years. 

@proudlyfromNJ  Nice way to treat customers when businesses are not doing well now, right?

@Shanus  Hi, that's why I said I was only addressing your sentence saying when this gets out. It has been out. I wasn't talking about anything else. Maybe you didn't mean that this was a new procedure and I might have misunderstood.

Respected Contributor

Some people return ALOT. Those same people contribute to the rest of us having to pay higher prices. Companies do have the right to refuse service.

QVC did. Move on.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I rarely buy from Q and never clothes.  But if Q is making $ on shipping to and back, why cut her off? Assuming the clothes can be resold, it's a win situation for QVC.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for QVC.  I know 2 families who tried to get their mom's account closed due to excessive/hording shopping (early on set dementia) and Q refused without power of attorney. 

Respected Contributor

What I don't get is buying lots of clothing and makeup from anywhere now when people are claiming that they go no where to dress up and wear makeup. Don't people have enough clothes to just stay home or to go out occasionally to the doctor or the supermarket? If and when we ever get to the other side of this pandemic merchants will still be selling clothes and makeup and home decor.  

Valued Contributor

I have sent things back because the size chart for the specific item was not right. I can't depend on reviews because a 160 lb. 5' women is not going to take what a 5'8" women takes. When QVC sees that many people are returning an item due to sizing I think they may need to revise their chart! At least let people know it's running small etc.Sometimes there are no reviews. So how does one know?