Honored Contributor

@house_cat, well done, think we all totally enjoyed the walk down memory lane.  When you have something that good, it's a pleasure to remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Stray  I still have my original Flexible Flyer sled in the garage!  My son has used it and my grandson now uses it. That thing is probably 60 years old. (I had another Flexible Flyer that my son used when he was growing up and is now at their home. I kept the original!) Thanks for putting that on the list.

Ice Skates!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

baby doll pajamas.   

My dads sister was married to a career Army man, who spent the 60’s in Korea and Germany.   My aunt lived here while he was in Korea, and one of my special memories is spending nights with her and my little cousin, and dancing in our baby doll pajamas to polka music!  

Valued Contributor

5 cent candy bars; 5 cent bags of chips

Phone numbers without area codes

45's that weren't guns

@indoorkitty

I had a large transistor I would take to the pool.  It had a powder blue leather cover with a handle.  from my dear Dad

Frequent Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My transistor radio, I loved that thing.

Believe it or not, I still have one at my desk at work!  smileylol:

Frequent Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

Mom, Dad, kids sitting together at table for meal w/o TV and saying the blessing every time.

My husband and I do this every night!

Occasional Contributor

Which twin has the Toni!

Contributor

my sis and i would holdup the cassette recorder to the tv on saturday pm to tape the newest songs off solid gold. had to press play and record at the same time. i wanted to be a solid gold dancer. 

Honored Contributor

@juliekb wrote:

my sis and i would holdup the cassette recorder to the tv on saturday pm to tape the newest songs off solid gold. had to press play and record at the same time. i wanted to be a solid gold dancer. 

@juliekb

I used to record that way, too, with my Realistic cassette recorder from Radio Shack.

The VCR absolutely changed my life.  Now I have boxes of tapes and they're pretty much useless.

It is to laugh.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Spinach30 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

My transistor radio, I loved that thing.

Believe it or not, I still have one at my desk at work!  smileylol:

@Spinach30

It should be a requirement.  Everyone should have a battery-operated radio in case of an emergency.  I was really glad I had one after the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake and we lost power.

And I was glad I had one at my desk at a previous job when I heard that the bosque in Albuquerque was on fire.  Homes were threatened and I recognized the name of the neighborhood.  Our executive director had just bought a new townhouse there and her dogs were home alone.

I ran down the hall to her office and told her to grab her purse and get over the bridge before they closed it.

She got home just in time to get her dogs out of the house.

Gotta have a radio.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~