Trusted Contributor

Has anyone received an email from Barnes&Noble thanking me for registering my new Nook?

I got one today and was concerned that B&N had confused my account with someone else.  I have a Nook from many years ago when they first came out but didn't like it so have not used in years.  The only contact I have had with them were emails from them regarding an old class action settlement.

I scrolled down to be bottom of the email and it says. "This email is an advertisement from Barnes and Noble, Inc."

I really don't appreciate this type of "advertisement" because in this day and age it could easily be a scam.  

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

It's quite possible that it is a scam email and didn't even come from BN.  There is a lot of that going around now.  If I had received that email and I could tell from the title that it was about a NOOK I had not even bought, I'd have deleted it without reading it.  

Trusted Contributor

I went to the B&N website and they posted that this was sent out in error.  Just nice to know it wasn't a scam.

Contributor

received  one as well, bn say it was also a mistake

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh

I am cracking up!!

When I saw your thread title, I thought......I want some nooky mail!, LOL!

Please don't take offense as none is intended!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom  OMG !!  I guess I'm really gettin slow in my old age.  That is too funny, thanks for the laugh