Honored Contributor

Re: My state is the first to make laws about vaping for kids

It's feel good legislation to make voters think something is being done.  They opened that door and it cannot be closed now.  Just like kids get all the cigarettes, beer and drugs their little hearts desire;  they'll get their vaping stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's feel good legislation to make voters think something is being done.  They opened that door and it cannot be closed now.  Just like kids get all the cigarettes, beer and drugs their little hearts desire;  they'll get their vaping stuff.  

So....nothing should be done then?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

It's just like anything else that the government tries to control....those that want it will get it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

It's just like anything else that the government tries to control....those that want it will get it.

So we should do nothing then.

We should just throw our hands up and say, "Oh, well."

So why do we have laws that say that we MUST stop at red lights, when we all know that "there will be those who will ignore that law and run the red light anyway"?

In fact, why have any laws at all?

Why not have a lawless society, and see how that works?

Why don't we just do away with all laws all together, since there will always be people who won't follow them?

Respected Contributor

I know several people who have been able to quit cigarettes but inhale something from a silver type canister that has a little nicotine in it and some flavored smoke. Is this considered vaping?

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

How much does vape juice usually cost?
The average starter vape goes for $25-$35. The average price for a 15ml bottle of e-juice goes for $12 (a 15ml bottle is about the equivalent to just over a carton of cigarettes). So for about what you pay in a week for cigarettes, you would be paying for your first week or more of vaping.Oct 12, 2016

I'm not sure where they are buying their carton of cigarettes, but here in California, a carton of cigarettes sells for over $60.

And a carton hold ten (10) packs, and each pack holds twenty (20) cigarettes.

wow @Anonymous032819  where are cartons of cigarettes $60 in california? my s/o pays $85 for his cartons!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

The average starter vape goes for $25-$35. The average price for a 15ml bottle of e-juice goes for $12 (a 15ml bottle is about the equivalent to just over a carton of cigarettes). So for about what you pay in a week for cigarettes, you would be paying for your first week or more of vaping.Oct 12, 2016

I'm not sure where they are buying their carton of cigarettes, but here in California, a carton of cigarettes sells for over $60.

wow @Anonymous032819  where are cartons of cigarettes $60 in california? my s/o pays $85 for his cartons!

I was just guessing at the price. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I was just guessing at the price. 

I admit I have been off the grid for a long time but WOW.....$60 or $85 for a carton of cig's?? Who is buying them at that price??  My Dad smoked 4 packs per day and my Mom 3 packs per day!  I know they were cheaper back in the 60's/70's/80's/90's but still that is just so expensive!  And from the great articles others here posted lot's of people in lower income levels seem to be the big smokers.  

This vaping stuff is just all wrong.....your lungs need clean AIR to breath in...not chemicals or nicotine or weed....AIR!  That needs to be the message to all these clueless (sheep-eople) that are vaping or going to hooka (sp?) bars (thinking this thing must be just a bong from the chic & chong days of yester year!)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@You're raving and ranting and sounding like a fool with little if any thought process.

The real issue here is that parenting is gone and has been for generations.  Parents are the ones who should be controlling their kids in a lot of areas, includig "vaping".  They fail to do so and cede the job to the government because it's easier to point to a law than to tell a child NO because it's dangerous, because I want you to grow up with an understanding of right and wrong, and the dangers that you'll face as an adult, and that there are safe limits to your actions.

You get the picture.

Honored Contributor

Vaping companies are tempting kids with flavors like Fruit Loops and Cotton Candy just to name a few flavors.  They are hoping to get these kids hooked to guarantee a lifetime of sales.

This is so wrong, but it seems to be working.  The kids are using it.  When there is a will, there is a way.