Honored Contributor

Re: My gym put us on social media with zero consent

@Wsmom wrote:

@Laura14, I just came back to this thread to catch up to see what ended up happening and I have to say, I was amazed at the lashing you got for your statements.  I guess this is where it is very evident that things can be taken wrong when written vs. in a verbal conversation.   But wow!

Back to the actual top of your post, I talked to my friend whose gym posts a lot of pics and video clips and she said she doesn't think she's ever agreed to it, she doesn't like it but just goes along with it.

@Wsmom Welcome to the QVC boards! Smiley Wink That's good to know I'm not alone.  I think it is ridiculous that businesses are making their customers uncomfortable for a minute and a half video or less.  No common sense.  Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

Re: My gym put us on social media with zero consent

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

When one is outside of their home, there is always the possibility of being recorded without knowledge or consent.

Just watch the news.

When they do a piece, do you think that they run around getting everybody's permission who was in the background?

No, they don't, but yet there they are, on the evening news.

@Plaid Pants2  This is why one must never pick their noses or scratch in a private body area when out and about.Smiley Tongue

This is totally off topic but your post reminded me of this.

I am in the courthouse on a regular basis.  All of the elevators have cameras in them, including the back elevators that the judges and staff use.  One day I was in a back elevator with a friend of mine who is a judge's secretary. 

She had a wedgie (LOL) and decided to take care of it.  She gave a big yank and I started to laugh and told her the deputies were going to love that.  They watch the cameras live.  She was horrified. She totally forgot about those cameras.  I'm sure they all got a good laugh.     

@Lipstickdiva, Lol...Woman LOL