Honored Contributor

Re: My Sunday Newspaper Was Eaten By A Mouse!

@Big Sister wrote:

@Pearlee  If you have not already done so, you might want to call your local Vector Control office and tell them about  your mice (?) problem.

I have done that in the past and they come out and treat the area for pests, like mice.  Also, we used to put out mouse traps (with peanut butter) and that worked also.

@Big Sister  Thank you but I don't have a mice problem at my house.  (Yet anyway; sometimes they come in when it gets really cold).

The mouse/mice had munched on my newspaper before it arrived at my house, as is posted above on this thread.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Another good reason to read your paper online.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Another good reason to read your paper online.

Naw.....I love reading the paper newspaper over my morning coffee and breakfast.  I'll never get used to reading it online.

Respected Contributor

Rodents in the home should be taken care promptly.  They can do a lot of damage 

Honored Contributor

They certainly should be.  Fortunately, I have no rodents in my home.  Smiley Happy   The few times (two or three maybe) I've had them over the 30-plus years I"ve lived in my home, I've taken care of them promptly.  I live in a neighborhood of old homes, with many cracks and crevices where they can come in to get warm. 

Unfortunately, some people have been misreading my first post on this thread to mean I have rodents in my home.   It's my newspaper distributors who have the rodent problem, not me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

We had a mouse in our basement last year.  I realized it when it chewed up a mattress pad I had on a table down there.  Not only was the pad totally chewed, it had yellow stains all over it from you know what and mouse poo everywhere.  I hated to do it but DH set a trap and caught it the first night.

We had a mouse problem in our garage and they used to get under the hood of my car.  One day I opened my hood to put windshield washer fluid in and there were all kinds of seeds and nuts on top of my engine!  I asked DH what was going on and he said it was a mouse/mice doing that.  We set traps and no joke that first night we caught 6 mice!  They were tearing down a wooded area at the end of our street and flushed all kinds of animals and critters out of there.  People closer to that area had rats so I guess we were lucky.

Mice really are cute little things though.     

Respected Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

This thread reminded me of an incident back when I was 16 and worked on my aunt's farm for about 6 months over the summer.  

I took a nap on a Sunday afternoon and had the window open.  When I woke up, there was the cutest little mouth sitting on my comforter and just watching me.  So I watched him back without moving.  He then hopped across the bed and out the window.  I thought that was the sweetest encounter and has stayed with me for over 6 decades.

LOL!!

When my daughter was in college, she left the window open in her dorm . She heard something eating her crackers, it was a squirrel!! In her room!!!

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

We had a mouse in our basement last year.  I realized it when it chewed up a mattress pad I had on a table down there.  Not only was the pad totally chewed, it had yellow stains all over it from you know what and mouse poo everywhere.  I hated to do it but DH set a trap and caught it the first night.

We had a mouse problem in our garage and they used to get under the hood of my car.  One day I opened my hood to put windshield washer fluid in and there were all kinds of seeds and nuts on top of my engine!  I asked DH what was going on and he said it was a mouse/mice doing that.  We set traps and no joke that first night we caught 6 mice!  They were tearing down a wooded area at the end of our street and flushed all kinds of animals and critters out of there.  People closer to that area had rats so I guess we were lucky.

@Lipstickdiva my husband just came in 2 nights ago from the garage to get peanut butter for his traps. 2 yrs ago, they ripped the headliner out of his Cuda and used it for a nest. I hate to kill them, but after that they deserve it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  As one of my neighbors likes to say, it's hardly ever one mouse.   They almost always bring "friends and relatives".

Respected Contributor

You get a newspaper????