Honored Contributor

I just read your update and am so happy that your precious girl seems to be feline better!

Sending more special prayers Shadow's way.

I also hope that you'll take up Sammycat's invitation to join us on the famous Schmoo thread.

-------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Regular Contributor
On 11/3/2014 Sammycat1 said:<br />

I have a good feeling Shadow is sticking around for a nice, long time. Smile

Thanks for reading portions of the Schmoo thread. Schmoo had so many illnesses, most notably the double-sided heart failure that could kill him at any moment, yet with the encouragement of posters here, our vet and our own faith, he lived an unprecedented 2 1/2 years after his diagnosis (he was only supposed to live a few days). I won't kid you, it was 24/7 intensive care, but a labor of love for us -- our fighter kitty always wanted to fight, and we fought with him.

The posters here were with us for the whole journey, and I know their prayers got us through. You won't find a kinder, more knowledgeable group of people to stand by your side, especially in a crisis.

I hope you'll join us on the Schmoo thread from time to time; I continue to post pics of him and stories about him and those like you on the forum who have become friends. (I'm also writing a book about him at the same time. Even though I'm a professional writer, it took going through the grieving process first to be able to sit down and write it without a meltdown).

Thanks again for your kind words and I'm so hopeful that like Schmoo, your Shadow is one tough kitty fighter! She's got the perfect Mom, and that's more than half the battle. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that your precious Schmoo had to deal with so many health issues; however, he couldn't have been blessed with a more wonderful, loving, caring home than that which you provided him!...I sincerely hope that this has been a great source of comfort for you and your family and, as you mentioned, having the support and understanding of this wonderful forum!

I will definitely stop by your thread, from time to time...I will post on it tomorrow morning while having my coffee!...I saw a few pics of your beautiful, handsome Schmoo tonight when I checked in and they touched my heart....filled with such contentment and security in your loving care!

How wonderful that you are writing a book about your journey with Schmoo....It will definitely prove to help in your healing process and be such a loving testimony in his memory!

I'm so happy and relieved to report that my Shadow is doing great...no upsets whatsoever...and loving the Nature's Variety Instinct that I am gradually switching her to...as energetic as ever...and keeping me in good shape along with her....LOL...She is a svelte black cat with beautiful goldish/greenish eyes and has a devilish spunk in her which just makes her all the more adorable!

I'm catching up on a few posts tonight and will check in on your Schmoo thread tomorrow morning!...Thanks so much for your encouraging and caring words!

Regular Contributor
On 11/3/2014 LadyAmara said:

That’s OUTSTANDING news, Me and My Shadow. So glad Shadow is doing much better. I bookmarked this thread watching for any updates.

I mentioned the Nature's Variety Instinct canned food in my first post to you ONLY because Gidget took so well to it before our good-bye. After all my research, I became better informed about cats and their natural eating habits, plus Instinct had GREAT reviews and many talked about it aiding in digestion. I totally agree with you that it smells yummy and gradual introduction, as I learned also, is the way to go. I wish I had preserved the links I found during my research for future reference, but my heart was in pieces. And I still wish I had learned about Instinct even months earlier. Plus the fact, at that time, the manufacturer was and hopefully still is independently owned, and based out of Lincoln, Nebraska and Instinct had never been on a recall.

I enjoyed your comment that she was encouraging you to join in her aerobics. Too cute.

Wishing you and Shadow continued progress in each day ahead.

Have a wonderful day!

Yes, LadyAmara....My Shadow is doing fantastic...no further upsets...and full of energy and occasional mischief, as always!...I really appreciate your mentioning Nature's Variety Instinct for me to check out...I compared it to others and it definitely saved me a lot of time...Shadow has been enjoying it very much, and I feel more confident with this pet food, due to all of the great reviews, along with the fact that it is made in the USA and a much healthier alternative...From what I have read, it is still independently owned.

Oh, and yes...Shadow has always insisted on my joining in with her very frequent aerobic activities...which consists of running through every room in the house...leaping over furniture...down the basement stairs...a couple of laps around the basement...then back up the stairs...and the whole routine starts all over again!...Whew!...LOL

I can't thank you enough for your warm, caring concern!

Shadow thanks you also!

Regular Contributor
On 11/3/2014 beastielove said:

I just read your update and am so happy that your precious girl seems to be feline better!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Sending more special prayers Shadow's way.Smile

I also hope that you'll take up Sammycat's invitation to join us on the famous Schmoo thread.

-------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Thank you so much, beastielove!

I'm so very happy to report that my Shadow continues to be "feline" better!....Yes, I will definitely check in on the Schmoo thread...such a wonderful testimony to the loving bond that we all share with our pets! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

I've been watching for your update and am so excited to hear the continued progress of Shadow's eating habits and activities. I'm doing a happy dance! Can't even begin to keep up with your aerobic activities, but it sure reminds me of wonderful days gone by.

So thankful we have the internet these days because it makes research a whole lot easier when you really need to know.

May the progress continue. Wishing the best for ya!

Enjoy your day!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so glad to hear that Shadow is thriving again -- and thanks for popping in over at the Schmoo thread....I'll answer your questions over there.

For now, I'm so hopeful that your Shadow will stay tip-top for many years to come...and I hope you continue to update us on her activities!

Super Contributor
So happy to read your Shadow is doing well. Isn't this forum the best? We have the most knowledgeable and kindest friends here who are willing to share their expertise and offer encouragement and compassion. I feel blessed to know them. Good luck with your kitty.