Esteemed Contributor

If you have Yahoo email (question)

If you have Yahoo email has it been working? Mine has not been working off and on numerous times every day for 2 weeks now. (as in the main mail page is black and I can see the links Inbox, Compose, Sent mail, etc. on the left but all of them will not open to use). So annoying!

I sent them messages when it would go through and never heard back. I posted on one of their facebook pages and I see lots of people have been complaining too.

I use it a lot to email to text my kids/and grandkids cellphones and I use it for all my shopping accounts, etc. etc. I also type emails to friends and my cousin a few times a week.

Well anyway I have a Gmail account too which I now told my kids to use. I really hate to have to switch everything to Gmail, but I guess I will have to do it since Yahoo email isn't working half the time.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Re: If you have Yahoo email (question)

Yahoo Mail has been messed up for days. Sometimes it works perfectly, then other times it is seriously broken. I wonder if they are working on another "new and improved" version?? I wish they could leave things alone!

Plus Yahoo has TERRIBLE customer service!! But I guess we get what we pay for ($0).

Valued Contributor

I live on the west coast Shorty and haven't had any problems with my Yahoo mail lately. I don't know if you click on links or not but I have found this link very reliable about Yahoo mail being down. It gives you the current status of Yahoo mail.

I hope yours is fixed soon.

http://downrightnow.com/yahoomail

Honored Contributor

I have 7 yahoo accounts and they all work with no problems!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

My Yahoo email through IE is a total mess. A message at the top of the mail page tells me I am seeing "Basic" mail because need to update my browser as it is currently IE 7. I thought I had read they eliminated "Basic" email, so I'm clueless why it is showing up NOW when I previously didn't have it.

Further, I have IE 11, and I have reinstalled it twice now. I did email Yahoo and asked a few questions and got an answer that informed me of the need to update IE. I checked their community boards and couldn't make sense of anything.

However, if I open my email in Chrome, it seems to work fine.

I've just given up figuring out the problem and open my mail in Chrome.

Super Contributor

No problems here.

Respected Contributor

No problems with my Yahoo email.

Super Contributor

I have Yahoo mail, Firefox and a Mac. No problems here.

Esteemed Contributor

No problems with yahoo mail......

Esteemed Contributor

No problem with my Yahoo mail -using Firefox browser here.
"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett