Esteemed Contributor

I purchased this McCalls pattern in the 60's for 85 cents. Those were the good old days. I made dolls for my nieces way back when and decided to drag the pattern out to make one for my granddaughter. I saved it all these years in the hopes that I would one day make a very special one. She will be two in February. I took all the pieces out and, lo and behold, everything is accounted for. Off to the fabric store to begin my hunt. Actually, I still have the striped stretchy fabric for Ann's leggings. I must have a sickness. LOL  For her first birthday I made her a quilt, so now the doll. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

how sweet!

will you adopt me?

Honored Contributor

Isn't it fun making these things for children?  When my niece was barely a year old, I made her a long red velour robe trimmed with lots of white lace.  She had dark hair and looked like an angel.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep,   I think that is wonderful.  I hope she keeps the quilt and doll through the years.  Such a wonderful memory of her grandmother.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep

How fun that you kept the pattern !  Wish I had kept mine, I think the pattern is still available......I have thought about making Ann and Andy again too.

Have fun making one for your granddaughter (:

Valued Contributor

You are a thoughtful and loving grandma. I hope your granddaughter cherishes her Raggedy Ann for many years and passes her on to her daughter. She will be an heirloom by then.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Trusted Contributor

Please share a picture of the finished doll if you can! 

Esteemed Contributor

@TexasMom1 Absolutely. Here is the pattern that I just took a picture of. LOL

0925171602.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl  When I go on the hunt for fabric, I thought I'd check just for fun to see how much the pattern is now. I'm thinking about $10? Can't wait to pick out the fabric !!

Esteemed Contributor

My mother who was a fantastic seamstress made a pair of the Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for my cousin over sixty years ago as a gift.   She didn't use a pattern, that is how good she was with a sewing machine.   I sure hope my sweet cousin saved those dolls, they are priceless.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam