Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad they got your power restored finally and you're back with us. Didn't realize you lived in CC. How lovely!

Respected Contributor

Yes Jane, I live near Kingston and we also lived through it. The weather reports here really underestimated what this would turn out to be.

We were without power for over 50 hours. Yesterday, we drove about an hour, ending up going throuigh intersections where lights weren't working to try and find coffee and something hot to eat.  Of course, we didn't realize what a nightmare it would be when we started out. When we got home, the power had been restored yesterday afternoon. However, I chatted with several folks on neighboring streets who are still without it.

Major tree damage in my neighborhood but haven't heard of any injuries, mercifullly.

Glad your power is back! Stay warm and safe.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Power is Back On!

[ Edited ]

Egads, my husband woke me up to tell me the power was out at 9:20 last night, or thereabouts.  We have a clock on the wall that uses batteries.  We use a lot of battery stuff here. LOL  By 9:55 power was restored.  They called and left a message on the cell phone, no cause known, when they called and left the recording.

@JaneMarple  glad you're up and running.  Isn't it music to your ears to hear the power come on again, or lights to come on?  Relief, that's how it's spelled.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple   I'm glad you checked in and are okay.  Pleased to hear your power is back.   I hope your home and property were okay after the storm.  

Hugs to you and your family. ((((((  Heart  ))))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.