Honored Contributor

After almost two days, my power has been restored. I live in Massachusetts (specifically Cape Cod). We had one hell of a storm from Tuesday evening into Wednesday afternoon.

Anyone else here from New England who suffered through the storm? And is your power restored? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I'm happy you have power once again, JaneMarple!  It is sheer misery when it's off. 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple .....hello, so glad to hear you have power again. Have not "talked" to you in a long time. So nice to see you.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@JaneMarple .....hello, so glad to hear you have power again. Have not "talked" to you in a long time. So nice to see you.

Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple 

Glad to see you got your power restored. Don't live in your state, but last spring we had a storm, and we lost power for 5 days. Our home is almost 100% electricity, and the worst part was all the food my wife lost in our freezers. She figured it was about $500-$600 completely lost.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Hugs, @JaneMarple.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Ours went out this last week too, but only 4 hours worth.  Got down to 66 in here and glad it came back on when it did.  We'd had rain, and lots of wind. They said cause of it was trees.  So maybe you got what we had, only worse!!! No fun.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple : Hope that you are ok and no property damage. One year  we were with out power for three days. The freezer in the laundry room was packed because we had just went to the commissary and loss about $400 in food. The house insurance deductible was $500.

Respected Contributor

Nothing worse than losing power.  I’ve had several friends buy whole house generators recently which are very costly but I guess when the power goes out for several days it’s a good thing to have.  

Respected Contributor

Re: My Power is Back On!

[ Edited ]

Great News @JaneMarple! Ours was supposed to be back on 8 hours ago..😩

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky