Trusted Contributor

Re: My Neighbors Strange Behavior

Well one good thing he keeps the outside clean. Otherwise a big problem. I had a tennant one time that would stay for days up there. Very nice man but strange. He was a slop in the apartment but to look at him you would never know. Very pleasant. Maybe your neighbor is depressed and just don't want to be bothered. I know it's kind of weird but sometimes they are the nicest people.
Honored Contributor

It sounds like he might be "home all day" on disability, from something that makes him unable to work, like severe OCD.  I doubt that he's rich as it doesn't sound like activities that a man would choose to occupy his day with.

Does he spend a lot of time on the lawn as well, or since you mentioned it's a complex, is someone else in charge of the lawn?

Valued Contributor

He sounds like he couldn't work if he wanted to. Severe OCD.
Trusted Contributor

It was nice you at least attempted to reach out and say "hello".
Respected Contributor

Yeah, I don't want to make a joke out of OCD, but that would freak me out a little.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

It sounds like he might be "home all day" on disability, from something that makes him unable to work, like severe OCD.  I doubt that he's rich as it doesn't sound like activities that a man would choose to occupy his day with.

Does he spend a lot of time on the lawn as well, or since you mentioned it's a complex, is someone else in charge of the lawn?

It's a complex where the HOA does all the lawn work.    They use blowers when they come and I wonder if he goes out after they are there and cleans again?     Most of those blowers just seem to blow the dust around as they never bag it up, they just blow it into the grass again.  Makes no sense to me.

Trusted Contributor

Good points about OCD and not being able to work.   He's healthy looking, thin, active.  I wondered if he had severe allergies, but he walks outside and isn't wearing a mask or anything.   I have to laugh that the ammonia or whatever he uses in that spray bottle is probably more toxic to inhale than dust in the driveway.  

I bet his vacuum bag is a mess if he's using it outside.    I wonder how he gets rid of the dirt in the vacuum?    That can be a messy undertaking.

I do also want to mention that his garage (it's usually open when he's outside) is also spotless.   He only has his car in there, not boxes, no storage of items.    He does sometimes leave the door open to the garage about an inch, which suprises me as dust will blow in there.

If he has a problem with OCD that is sad it's to that extreme.   But, I keep thinking I wish that was my only worry in life, making sure my driveway was spotless.   The time he takes on that endless project is amazing to me.

Respected Contributor

It's definitely intriguing!
Honored Contributor

@DARING GREATLY wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Black Cat Back

How long does he spend "cleaning" the driveway?

I start my walk around 5:15 am., and he's out there when I leave the house.   I walk an hour and he's still out there when I get back.   I also notice when he drives home from somewhere (in his spotless car), he's out there cleaning the driveway.   Probably from the dirt tracked in on the tires.

I think he can't function unless that driveway is spotless.    

He does wear the same clothes, but they aren't dirty.  They are clean and pressed every day.

Did you see what he told us all about YOU last week??????  Woman Surprised

Spoiler
Spoiler
Woman LOL
Occasional Contributor

As long as he isn't bothering anyone or doing this behavior on your property, mind your own buisness.... or better yet, build a fence tall enough so that you can keep your nose and eyes and your medical assessment out of his buisness.