Trusted Contributor

Re: My Neighbors Strange Behavior

Just because he doesn't drive to an office doesn't mean he doesn't work. Many people work out of their homes; it's quite common these days. 

Perhaps he does have OCD, but as long as he is not bothering anyone, MYOB. Any speculation about him being a hoarder or a serial killer (even just joking) is unkind. He sounds like a wonderful neighbor. Everyone has their own normal. He may think you are just as odd as you think him. 

Esteemed Contributor

There's nothing unkind about having an interest in other people, that's all it is. No need to make a big deal out of idle speculation.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a relative like this, he is an oddball, to say the least.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe dust gives him allergies.  He may use the same clothes to do the same job - yard work.  If he's not social, that is his business and his alone.  He may work at home to get by.  He may suspect one of the neighbors as snooping so he takes his trash to a local dumpster to keep them from prying. 

If he's clean and quiet and leaves others alone and minds HIS own business, I'd say he's a pretty good neighbor. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I have a person in my extended family who's a hoarder.

He's a very kind man, though.

Saying someone might be a hoarder isn't a slam on their character, at least, not to me......

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I have a person in my extended family who's a hoarder.

He's a very kind man, though.

Saying someone might be a hoarder isn't a slam on their character, at least, not to me......

Perhaps not, but it's a judgment call based on absolutely no evidence. 

Esteemed Contributor

True, but being as we're not in a court of law, I don't think "evidence" is required to make a suggestion or guess based on their life experience.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

True, but being as we're not in a court of law, I don't think "evidence" is required to make a suggestion or guess based on their life experience.

Fair enough.