Frequent Contributor
Please tell me your thoughts when you receive only an email informing you that 2 departments at your job will combine and you will be required to work different shifts, weekends, call, and holidays when you were previously working working straight days and none of those other things? What would you think?
Honored Contributor
I'd start asking questions to get a better understanding of the changes.
Honored Contributor
I'd think the boss didn't want to talk to me face to face
Honored Contributor
I'd have a one on one with the boss and ask questions.
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor
On 2/1/2015 SuzzieQ said: I'd have a one on one with the boss and ask questions.

Good afternoon Ms. SuzzieQ!

Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the replies! This email drastically changes 13 lives and we won't have a meeting about it until feb 9th and not even with the director who penned the email! Guess it's time for a new position!
Trusted Contributor

Your boss is a coward. He/She knew the new schedule was not going to be popular and instead of communicating with you face to face which they should have done, they took the coward's way out and just issued an email. I'd start looking for a new job.

Respected Contributor
On 2/1/2015 Deb1010again said:

Your boss is a coward. He/She knew the new schedule was not going to be popular and instead of communicating with you face to face which they should have done, they took the coward's way out and just issued an email. I'd start looking for a new job.

Yep! It seems that no one wants face-to-face time or knows how to pick up a telephone.

Shameful and not much of a supervisor IMO.

Honored Contributor
I would think those changes apply to me. Maybe they don't, that's why it wasn't discussed. We are going through changes at work and received many emails about them. We knew the changes would impact some, but had no idea who or what areas. Turned out, the people that were directly impacted were told the details. Once that was complete, we had a meeting and everyone was told. While this was all happening, we had no idea and the rumor mill was off and running. I believe there is nothing to worry about until there is something to worry about.
Respected Contributor

I don't think the email was right but sometimes people are aware of the changes that are going to happen before they get the official notice.

I have to wonder if this is in a hospital or another type of health facility.