Honored Contributor

My Doctor doing Phone Appointments

My Pulmonary doctor will do a dr. visit over the phone if you don't want to come in.  I honestly do not know if the office is open or not.  I had sent an email telling the doctor I wanted to reschedule because I am a high risk person but I received a call today saying the dr. will do the visit over the phone.  It's okay with me.  Anyone else doing phone visits?

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: My Doctor doing Phone Appointments

My Rheumatologist (sp?) called me to schedule a phone appointment.  I haven't reached out to any other doctors.

Honored Contributor

By reports here on the boards I'm assuming most, if not all, doctors are doing visits by phone.  I had one 2 weeks ago which was a total waste of time.  My annual eye exam appointment, made 4 months ago, was canceled.  Heavens knows when I'll be able to reschedule, and I really need to see that doctor.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i think all of our doctors and our dentist are only doing appointments for true emergencies. all appointments are being done over the phone or with zoom.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The only doctor I see (monthly) is my pain doc.  A PA from his office called me the other day at my regular appointment time.  We used Telemedicine.  My laptop has a camera, so I could see him and he could see me.  It was kinda weird, but it worked!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Hubby had one yesterday with the cardiologist. Went well.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

My Pulmonary doctor will do a dr. visit over the phone if you don't want to come in.  I honestly do not know if the office is open or not.  I had sent an email telling the doctor I wanted to reschedule because I am a high risk person but I received a call today saying the dr. will do the visit over the phone.  It's okay with me.  Anyone else doing phone visits?

You could at least give it a try and see if it works for you.  Sounds like in-person is available if you think you need it.  Going out right now in my area is so stressful that I would try it.  

Honored Contributor

Our eye doctor is still open.

We did a face time appt two weeks ago with our primary after my husband stumbled in the night in the bathroom and had a pretty nasty bleeding abrasion.  Appt went fine, but it was a basic appt.

Today I  got an automated call from his cancer doctor reminding us of a follow up appt for this coming Tuesday.  Hmmmm.....I, who ALWAYS have appts on my phone calendar, but didn't have that one.  I called them back and said nope, we are not coming and I rescheduled to June. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I am doing a Telemed appointment with my immunologist on Monday

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I  did that earlier last week!  I had a PCP annual physical scheduled for months, and they changed to a phone conference instead.  I can check the case note on line, and the doctor had put in exactly how much time he spent with me, probably for billing.  I will be interested in seeing what that "visit" cosst me.  (I have a high deductable insurance plan, so I will get a bill).   I guess it makes sense if you are not actually sick and just need to check in or have Rx renewed.  Look for this to be the way of the future, even after COVID is done.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York