Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: My Company's personal holiday gift...Get Ready

@Laura14 wrote:

@twocent wrote:

Generosity abounding here, huge company /w assets in billions - decades working there. 

No bonus/gift - HOWEVER  ** drum roll , please** -

Employees may have an office party if held  prior to or after  work hours  , provided employees furnish all food/drinks , paper plates , and plastics.

I am simply overwhelmed.

@twocent  OMG!  If you also have to karaoke for your music, I'm rolling around on the floor some more.  Smiley LOL 

LOL ,  Keep rolling !   It wasn't mentioned , however  I am sure someone would be required to bring their portable AM/FM radio.Smiley LOL

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I wish I could hand these cards off to someone who will use them.  I guess the kids will make use of them since I can't give them out here.  And I would.

I do appreciate her thought and told her so and this post is obviously tongue in cheek.  

I guess it's what you finally get when you put them all in their place a few weeks back and demand some respect after she and a few others in her department tried to make me look bad to cover their own butts.   

This is the first time in 3 years they even thought of me at holiday time and one of the few times they acknowledge I even exist.  They are losing another support person at the end of the year so maybe it's dawning on them to be nice to the people that actually run the place or we'll all be waving goodbye.     

Perhaps it is because we communicate here by written word and can miss so much in what people's actual intent really is , but I rarely find your posts 'tongue in cheek' but rather ungrateful, whiny and dismissive.

Many many people get nothing at all at holiday time from their employers, not even a 'thank you'. So anything received, regardless of how lacking it may be, should be taken with some grace and gratitude.

I think we have all received gifts that are lacking, we have no use for or do not like. We easily pass them on to someone who will use them, even if a charity, and carry happiness in our hearts that we were remembered, and that we could possibly make someone else's day by passing them along.

The presentation was sloppy, the misspelling of your name shows lack of attention to detail, and the whole experience less than festive (with the poor person's cold), but it certainly isn't the disaster of the week, and I'd find a way to focus my time and energy on something more pressing this time of year....like getting those food cards to someone who doesn't have enough to eat today, or saying a little prayer for the poor lady with the terrible cold, that she gets better soon, or remembering just how good life is for me relative to some others and be thankful for that.

Honored Contributor

@twocent wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@twocent wrote:

Generosity abounding here, huge company /w assets in billions - decades working there. 

No bonus/gift - HOWEVER  ** drum roll , please** -

Employees may have an office party if held  prior to or after  work hours  , provided employees furnish all food/drinks , paper plates , and plastics.

I am simply overwhelmed.

@twocent  OMG!  If you also have to karaoke for your music, I'm rolling around on the floor some more.  Smiley LOL 

LOL ,  Keep rolling !   It wasn't mentioned , however  I am sure someone would be required to bring their portable AM/FM radio.Smiley LOL

@twocent  Portable radio!!!    OMG I had to go under my desk!  No more.  I can't take it!  Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL 

If anyone breaks out the plastic spoon jamboree and/or gets crazy with a pair of homemade maracas I demand video.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks all!  I knew I wasn't suffering the work crazies alone!  I feel sooooo much better!  

Honored Contributor

At least, you got a gift.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Read the entire post before you show you haven't and I really hope you have a better day.  You are not going to ruin mine.  

Smiley Very Happy  <----See?  Still happy!  I sincerely hope you get there too.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Mominohio  Read the entire post before you show you haven't and I really hope you have a better day.  You are not going to ruin mine.  

Smiley Very Happy  <----See?  Still happy!  I sincerely hope you get there too.  Heart

I have read the entire post, and I stand by what I posted, based on this thread and others I've participated in with your posts. 

Your flippant attitude shows you really aren't happy, but attempting to make others seem that they aren't to deflect. 

Carry on!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shogirl - Be careful what you wish for, that tool belt might be this year's gift! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

you totally captured the true spirit of the season in your post.

thank you!

it is so much better to give than to receive.....and putting a smile on someones face where it may not be all the time or giving them a meal that they may not have been able to have is what it is all about.

peace on earth, good will to toward men.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Morning All - I have to say, some of your responses made me LOL! Just too funny. Riley1

Honored Contributor

I will say Im blessed because we get a small cash bonus!!!  Woman Very Happy

A friend of mine works at a bank and they get a ham each year.........

Another friend got a candy cane and a Christmas card!

My sister got a cupcake and a card..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”