Trusted Contributor

For additional assurance that I will spill something on myself; add white shorts or slacks.  In no time there is a  spot or stain!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Listen.....do you hear that sound?  That's my heart singing because I now know I'm not alone....slobs unite!

My friend was teasing me because I wear white pants alot.  She said, "I'd think you'd wear more colored pants".

I said, "Well, with the white pants I can bleach the stains".  She said, "I can't believe you're making sense".

She's used to me now.  We've been eating together (that's mostly all we do together) for probably 2 years now.

It took some time for her to get used to people coming up to us saying (to me), "I know you".  I'd say, "No you don't".  They'd say, "Yes I do."  They just don't let it drop.

About 1 week ago I was at the grocery store.  I know the look in people's eyes when they THINK they know me.  It's a look of 'recognition'.  

But the thing is....they DON'T know me, they really don't know me.

I've had that problem for as long as I can remember.  It's a joke in my family.  When my girls were little and we were out (especially sitting and eating) people would walk over and say, "I know you".  Then it would be the same routine, over and over.  They'd try to guess why I look familiar to them.  I don't understand why people don't just take the fact that they don't know me for real,, but they ALWAYS keep on.

Anyway, I was standing at the meat counter (if I've posted this skip this part) and this beautiful young woman ....(I saw the look) put her hand on my arm and said, ....(you guessed it), "I know you".  I said, (well, you know what I said).

Again, she wouldn't let it go.  The meat guy is slicking my ham up and I'm thinking.....'hurry up'.  Then she said, "Are you a realtor?"  I said, "Nope.  I'm not a realtor.  I've never been a realtor".  She said, "You should be a realtor because you'd be really good at it".

I talked to her a few minutes about how dangerous it must be to be a female realtor.  She told me some scary stories that had happened to her.  She said I reminded her of a famous person (I also hear that a lot...it's always different people).....

The entire conversation probably lasted 10 or so minutes.  

You'd think I'd be used to it after all of these years but it still drives me crazy.

When a person goes on and on (like she did); here's how I ****** it in the bud so to speak.  I wait and wait and finally I say, "Have you ever heard of the term 'Old Soul'?  She said, "I'm originally not from this country so, no, I've never heard of it".

I said, "I've been told by various people that I'm an 'old soul'.  What that means is my soul has traveled back and forth for a very long time.  I was also told when someone like you THINKS they know me, it's because your soul has traveled with me".  That usually stops them...with a look!  Ha!

You know, kinda like, "This lady is weird...I'm outa' here!"  But she didn't.  She thought that was neat and she gave me her card and said, "If you ever want to go and have coffee, call me".  I'm thinking, "Hummmm....I'm friendly.  But I'm not THAT friendly".

This 'problem' I've had works for an against me.  I could never get away with anything, but on the other side, people are usually very friendly to me.

If I've spoken with someone ..... say at a store...anywhere, they always remember me and our conversation.

Just today at lunch I was telling my friend (about the waitress), "She always acts like she knows us, but she doesn't really."

My friend said, "Linda (that's my name, but I've posted that before), "I think it's YOU these people recognize and think they know.  You could be with anyone and it would be the same.  It used to drive me crazy, but (and this scares me) I'm used to you and this 'thing' you have."

Reincarnation is interesting.  Haven't you ever met someone and liked them immediately?  Haven't you ever intensely disliked someone and have never met them before?

Have you ever had deja vu?  In other words, you feel like you've been somewhere before or met someone before when  you KNOW you haven't met them?

I once met someone who told me she'd had a very strange experience similar to deja vu.  She said she went into an old house in a state and place she'd never been.  She said she knew everything about the house.  She said it made such an impression on her; she looked up someone who did past experience something or other with her.  I won't bore you (and honestly I can't remember everything); but the jest of it was she found out a lot of what she remembered turned out to be true (according to her).

This woman was my daughter's middle school teacher.  She had an impeccable reputation (in other words, she wasn't known for being crazy.

My late husband and I were born on total opposites of the US (exactly 6 months apart).  We have almost the same social security numbers, the same middle name, the same blood type (which is kinda rare).  In fact when I got pregnant I'd changed Drs and when I told him about my first pregnancy (I'd lost the baby) and not had the Rhogram shot, he flipped.

I said, "Don't worry because we both have the same blood type".  He didn't believe me and I had to bring in my husband's blood record from where he'd donated blood in the Army!

The minute we saw each other, we fell in love.  We were married within a little less than 3 months.  It would have been sooner, but we had to wait for the church at Ft Myer.

The theory is we have been married several times before.  If you knew how much we were in love (and total opposites)...well, we'd even finish each other's sentences.

OK, that's enough 'food for thought' as they say.  

Now you guys know how weird I am.

My daughter keeps texting me.  She's been in Hawaii on vacation for 3 weeks.  She manages all of my business stuff (her late father's stuff).  There might be something I need to do (she tells me what to do and I do it).

There's a lesson here ladies.  I worship my girls.  They are the kindest, most honest people you'd want to meet.  

However, when it comes to my business accounts, nothing can be completed unless I give me approval.  If something happens to me, she's on everything.

Enough of the weird stuff.  Gotta go love Bill.  Remember, he had a tooth pulled (well drilled out).  He isn't feeling well today.  

He needs some lovin'....rather his momma needs some lovin' from Bill.