Respected Contributor

Re: Jack White: White Stripes

I liked the White Stripes and have a CD.  Their video for "My Doorbell" was so cute, with the "Our Gang" theme.

Trusted Contributor

Loved the White Stripes, still trying to understand why J.W. would refer to ex-wife as his sister, although they really do or did look like brother & sister, IMO. Also, Seven Nation Army, killer song!

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog OK, I like lots of his music but here's one @sidsmom I believe mentioned and I agree with.  This shows his range....It's Loretta Lynn and Jack White in "Portland Oregon".

Go here and you'll understand why so many people adore Jack White.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNZTxLs_YF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuC_l3ymXhM

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Let me do some fishing on the internet to see if I can find what I'm remembering....I remember bits and pieces of the two of them together.....it was very candid, as I remember.  Talked about their arguing.  I've read where it was very up and down.  

Did you click on the interview I posted with Loretta Lynn and Jack?  Did you hear him say he was thinking of going into the priesthood?  Then when asked why not...he said (paraphrasing), "Well I'd just gotten an amazing amp".  Ha!

I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's when my husband and I were first married (we didn't have children for 7 years), we partied and he dreamed of being in a band....anyway, he had some amazing amps, wa wah's and so on.....(that's what I called it)...you stepped on it and it made that sound!  He had all kinds of guitars (electric and acoustic guitars....even drum pads (for me).

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Give me a couple of days because I have a lot going on for a day or two but will write a note so I don't forget.

Some say he's still not REALLY over her.  There are a few songs that some say are about her....Hummm???

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom I think I might have found it.  Here's one of them 

The White Stripes: Under Great White Northern Lights 2016 

NR 

I found it on Amazon.  Not much money at all. 

If you go on youtube you can watch it for $3.99.  It's really neat because it shows them just having fun with other people while out touring.

If people see this they'd understand why his fans like him so much.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks @sidsmom and @Annabellethecat66 I am listening and learning.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Thanks so much!

Definitely get to it tomorrow.

Again, thanks for contributing to the Jack White thread! 🌼💛

Honored Contributor

Been thinking about misunderstood, eclectic artists.

How about....

Trent Reznor - Nine Inch Nails

Maynard James Keenan - Tool

Their resume of work extends far from just music....

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Speaking of other people I saw Sting promoting his and "Shaggy's" new album (interesting combination of Jamaican-American dancehall-reggae (from a recent article)?

They were both on "Watch What Happens" (Andy Cohen).  Sting was asked what were the chances of him ever singing with "The Police" again...he held up the number 0 with his fingers.

Surprisingly, they are both family men who have rather large families.  There was a recent article in People magazine about the two of them.  I very much enjoyed their performance as I also enjoyed reading the article about the two of them.

Their new album is titled, "44/876 ".