Respected Contributor

Re: Music. Bruce Springsteen anyone?

As they say in Jersey...

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

3rd row front and center - floor seats (though we stood the whole concert) to see him on his Born in the U.S.A. concert at the Spectrum in Philly in the mid 80s.

I was NOT a fan before the concert, was dragged there by a girlfriend who won big ca$h on a scratch off and bought out a whole row of seats for all her pals...

Have been A FAN from THAT SHOW ON!

Honored Contributor

I'm not a huge Bruce fan.   But, I do love his version of Tom Waits' song, Jersey Girl. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL1aFFlXn6I

My favorite song is If I Should Fall Behind. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FhiNkZtJgk

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   yooou made my morning great now playing Tenth Ave Freeze out.

Bruce is THE man - love him.   As I have previously posted worked  with him and E Street Band he is the nicest person, most considerate 'star' I worked with.

Love him and his music.

Respected Contributor

@dmod nj 

Whatta GREAT TUNE, Jersey Girl is awesome. Love it, loved it then, and everytime I hear it, I turn it way up!

Esteemed Contributor

Love everything Bruce does. He's an amazing talent!!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich 

@dulwich wrote:

@KingstonsMom   yooou made my morning great now playing Tenth Ave Freeze out.

Bruce is THE man - love him.   As I have previously posted worked  with him and E Street Band he is the nicest person, most considerate 'star' I worked with.

Love him and his music.

@dulwich 

Me too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Years back, I'd never heard of him, and then some college friends I knew were raving about seeing him down in New Orleans and what a great show he puts on.  We all got tickets to see him in MSG in NYC, I think for 'The River' tour.  circa 1980 - Thanksgiving night.

Been a fan ever since.  Can anybody out there top 'Jungleland'?  Clarence's solo on that song?  I will stop dead in my tracks when I hear that song.

and so many others.  But I do agree with the poster, his concert that he did as a single performer w/his wife and no E Street Band was difficult to sit through.  He is an excellent song writer and has lived a pretty clean life (for a rock star), evidenced by his physical appearance and fitness.  I read his autobiography and it was very good.

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I saw him in 1978, and then stayed away for 40 years due to his politics, which don't agree with mine.  I finally broke down and saw "Springsteen on Broadway," which I enjoyed, and read his autobiography, which was okay (the Keith Richards and Eric Clapton books are far better). 

Honored Contributor

My favorite Bruce Springsteen song and actually my favorite song by any artist or group is Born to Run.  I never get tired of listening to it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

I'm a Jersey girl but never cared for his music.