Honored Contributor

Music. Bruce Springsteen anyone?

My favorite Bruce and the "E Street Band' videos.

I was especially fond of Clarence, may he rest in peace.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (Live in New York City) - YouTube

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - American Skin (41 Shots) (Live in New York City) - YouTube

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Music. Bruce Springsteen anyone?

I was never a big fan...though I do admire him as a prolific writer. I went through my BS short phase during Born In The USA album...and that's the only time I was interested in seeing him live and went to the Born In The USA tour, saw him at Yankee Stadium (I think it was Yankee stadium...one of the NY stadiums)

I did buy another of his albums after that too...vinyl...still have them...I think The River?

I do have a turntable again but haven't listened to those..

Clarence was the bomb, and quite the showman..RIP

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Dancin' in the Dark" is a classic, and brought Courtney Cox to the public's attention.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom Wish I could figure out how to post photos here...we often go to Belmar beach in NJ for an afternoon in the summer. 

I have stopped at the corner of 10th Ave. & E street and taken a picture of the street sign (In Belmar they are street posts in the ground).  It's right by the Belmar public library and there is a large guitar statue on the front lawn.

Respected Contributor

I must admit like @amyb I was never a big fan, but I liked some of his stuff. You can't deny his talent. I actually saw him jogging on the boardwalk in the early 80's as he ran through Bradley Beach where I was vacationing.  I started running next to him and he was very, very nice about my harassment of him. 😆 

Respected Contributor

I really never enjoyed his music, but I respect the fact that many others do. I think he is one of a group of musicians that must have a style I do not like. Sheryl Crow, Emmylou Harris, and James Taylor are in that group of not-for-me artists. I think there is a common thread there but who knows what.

It is like the QVC designers. Some viewers love the designer I just don't get. I have really tried to find something she does that I could buy, but it is just not there.  That's why we have so many choices in both music and fashion.

Contributor

I am a huge Bruce fan!  Love his music.  I listen to EStreet Radio all the time.

Sad to say my worst concert was Bruce Springsteen.  He was without the E Street Band.  

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   My favorite song of his is I'm on Fire 🔥

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Not a fan, either.

Honored Contributor

I am proud of our Jersey guy!!!!  Great talent and a music legend who continues to entertain!!!!!!