Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wow, isn't that attractive? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Impressive?  yeah

Attractive?   not so much

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

She has a fabulous body.  Good for her!

Respected Contributor

Re: Muscle Barbie

[ Edited ]

Having spent some years in the gym and immersed in the bodybuilding culture, my first thought was not steroids. As sidsmom pointed out, the telltale facial signs are not there. Perhaps they have newer drugs nowadays that don't show the same effects... I don't know. My second thought was muscle implants -- her shoulder breadth in the pink shirt is freaky. My third thought was hoax (photoshopped), but that seems to have been nixed. 

Yes, it's possible, but certainly rare to see a body like that on a woman without the steroid face, which is why I guess she is being called Muscle "Barbie", but she also has a healthy layer of fat over her muscle, which makes her muscles look bigger than they actually are.

What's perplexing is that she is only 18 and has only been training for 3 years.  An 18-yr-old training for that short a time would not typically display such "mature" muscle. 

Back in the day, a couple of my doctors thought I was taking steroids. I was not anywhere near this woman's size, but for the time, I was muscular for a woman. Genetics enabled me to get big with little effort.

I guarantee you this woman is eating a couple of dozen eggs a week and a few pounds of chicken breasts a week. :-)

It's too bad the OP posted only a picture just to get a very negative visceral reaction from everyone here. As you can see from these pictures, she's a bit leaner, therefore smaller. I would love to have this body -- I think most can see how beautiful it is without the flexing.  Of course, "Beauty is in the eye...." as John mentioned. I know I would prefer to look athletic and strong than look like a supermodel. :-)

Ms Vins claims her astonishing appearance divides the opposite sex but her unusual looks have attracted over 23,000 Instagram followers

Honored Contributor

@SaRina

You brought up good points.

New drugs out there w/out the usual side effects & implants.

I've seen the ab, calf, glute implants on men...and the roundness

of her delts definitely has that look.  Also...as a power lifter, they

generally don't give a rip what they look like...it's all about moving weight.

Her posing all the time is not in line with the typical powerlifter mentality.

Granted, social media is probably her business, so anything

to get clicks/hits/views. 

Here's a snapshot of her diet a yr ago.  Meat, eggs, dairy, supplements.  

Typical gym bro-food.  All this is giving her a good foundation for heart issues down the road, but I, too was an idiot in my early 20s. 🙃

IMG_1281.jpg

Respected Contributor

If she likes it and it makes her feel healthy then good for her.

The ability to build muscle is mostly genetic. Several top CF female competitors come from Iceland. Below are photos of Iceland's Sara Sigmundsdottir. Unattractive? Many would disagree.

g6lv97okj6oy.jpg

tumblr_ogqwjaZ1Oh1uevp07o1_1280.jpg

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

I remember Madonna's ex saying "it was like getting into bed with a piece of sinew."  Not very nice thing to publicize, but that was after they separated and she had been heavily into bodybuilding.  I think she has toned down on that since she has aged.

I'm totally for exercise, my youngest daughter has the body of a 20 year-old at the age of 50.  She is OC about exercising, IMO, but she is dedicated to it.  She's strong as an ox.

She works at a huge rehab company and they have a gym.  She uses it every day.  I'd like her to tone it down and keep hoping she will.

Everything in moderation is my motto.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Somehow I am having trouble visualizing a Buff Barbie squeezing into my Barbie convertible with Ken...

Trusted Contributor

@SaRina I also was very immersed in the bodybuilding community in the 80s. No desire to follow the strict diet required to be competitive. And even less desire to be on a stage half naked. But, lifting weights and the changes it made to my body...totally loved it!

I also don't see obvious use of steroids. I believe she's 20, not 18. That said, I also agree that she's very young to display such mature muscle. She obviously has a great deal of natural ability due to genetics. And she's obviously had amazing trainers. Both of which she's worked very hard to maximize. As far as implants, I would think the front deltoid development would be a natural result of training as a powerlifter

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom I'll admit that I haven't seen many implants, nor have I paid much attention. I don't think they were even a "thing" back when I lived at the gym. I don't know, maybe I just want to believe that powerlifting would naturally tend to build the front deltoid. While I agree that powerlifters in general focus much more on how much they can lift, I think there's going to be a range. She is finding a way to combine body appearance with strength.

As far as diet goes, I think what diet works best is going to vary from person to person. Plus the quality of the food is also going to have an effect. Assuming that the food on the plate is naturally grown (i.e. minus the antibiotics, pesticides, etc), her diet is probably far healthier than the average person consumes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Muscle Barbie

[ Edited ]

Hi @juperier. I trained in the '80s too. I'm thankful that the benefits have stayed with me. :-) Have you ever been to Venice Beach? I trained with Ahnold! Only by a chance meeting in World's Gym.

Regarding implants, like I said, her shoulders look a bit freaky.... much too round and broad anteriorly and laterally... especially for her age. I'm still not sure about photoshopping on at least some photos.