Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Multiple people may be charged in Matthew Perry's death

@FLGators wrote:

Some of the behavior was criminal. There is evidence that they tried to clean up after his death. His live-in assistant of 25 years was part of the drug network, sad! 

For anyone interested the entire article can be found on ABC(google title - 5 charged in Matthew Perry's ketamine death as new details emerge). Some highlights from the article....

Estrada said that in the fall of 2023, Perry, who has struggled with addiction in the past, "fell back into addiction, and these defendants took advantage to profit for themselves."

Plasencia allegedly worked with Chavez to obtain ketamine and with Iwamasa to distribute that ketamine to Perry. Over two months, they distributed approximately 20 viles of ketamine to Perry in exchange for $55,000 in cash, Estrada said.

"Plasencia saw this as an opportunity to profit off of Mr. Perry," Estrada said, noting that the doctor allegedly wrote in text messages, "I wonder how much this moron will pay," and that he wanted to be the actor's "go-to for drugs."

The vials cost the doctors $12 but they were selling them for $2,000 a vial to Perry, authorities said.

As a doctor, Plasencia "knew the danger of what he was doing" and allegedly told another patient that Perry was "spiraling out of control with his addiction," Estrada said.

"Nevertheless, he continued to offer ketamine to Mr. Perry," Estrada said.

Plea details from his assistant....

Iwamasa's plea agreement also details the day Perry died.

At Perry's direction, Iwamasa injected him with a shot of ketamine at approximately 8:30 a.m., then again at 12:45 p.m. while the actor watched a movie, according to the plea agreement.

About 40 minutes later,Perry asked his assistant to prepare the jacuzzi for him and "'shoot me up a big one,' referring to another shot of ketamine," the plea agreement stated.

Iwamasa admitted to administering the shot while Perry was in or near the jacuzzi, then leaving the house to run errands for him, according to the document.

At first I had a bit of sympathy for the people around him who gave him a drug he wanted and may have needed in correct doses. But after reading this, it's obvious the man was surrounded by horrible, money hungry, garbage humans. Terrible. I hope they throw the book at these people.

Respected Contributor

@Lakelife62 Hope all are found guilty and do some serious time. Yes, Matthew was an addict and fought it the bulk of his adult life. He couldn't win this fight as often and hard as he tried. But these leeches are the scum of the earth and need to be taken off the streets. JMO
Respected Contributor

I've read a little about this case.

question - why did Matthew need his assistant to admistrer the drug. Or did the assistant just prepare it.

same with Michael Jackson- the doctor administered the fatal drug. 

Why do they need someone else to inject it 

Esteemed Contributor

I have not read every post here so far so it may have already been discussed.   I heard this morning on Fox news that his assistant injected him with the fatal overdose  If true then  he definitely should be charged I would think.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those greedy jerks took advantage of a wealthy addict for their own pocketbook.  I hope the doctors involved never practice again and they all get maximum prison sentences.   

I listened to Matthew's audiobook where he was the narrator.  I highly recommend it for anyone interested.

Esteemed Contributor

Matthew Perry was an adult who was, ultimately, responsible for himself and his decisions.  

Honored Contributor

Until Perry's death, I'd never heard of ketamine.

Same as with Michael Jackson's death, I'd never heard of propofol (sp?).   

When I had my cataract surgeries, the anesthesiologist administered it, but we discussed it beforehand because of the notoriety.

Honored Contributor

Ketamine, a horse tranquilizer, hit the news during the covid craziness, along with injecting bleach 😳