Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mouse Runs Overhead as Diners Continue to Eat at One of NYC's Finest Restaurants

@BlueFinch wrote:

For example, you may not see the mouse, rat, or bug that contributed to your peanut butter, but it's been there. 

Pot Cooking Nuts - Free photo on Pixabay

What do you want me to do?  Wear a hazmat suit??  Hairs fall out sometimes.

By the way, it's Nutella I'm making.  Peanuts aren't actually nuts, they are legumes.  *snorts haughtily*

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Mouse Runs Overhead as Diners Continue to Eat at One of NYC's Finest Restaurants

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Porcelain Nope, not your imagination

@Greeneyedlady21  @Porcelain, one post wasn't even subtle. But I also get a whiff of general negative feelings toward big cities in general.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Porcelain Nope, not your imagination

@Greeneyedlady21  @Porcelain, one post wasn't even subtle. But I also get a whiff of general negative feelings toward big cities in general.

Philadelphia Skyline At Night by Bookwyrmm

Shouldn't knock it if you haven't tried it.  Glass and concrete fingers reaching for the sky.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

There are, apparently, no rodents in Utopian, Xanadu USA.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I came back to this for a laugh.  Not that it's funny but I guess my husband's warped sense of humor rubbed off on me.  LOL

Anyway, I used to work in this office years ago.  I noticed that when I'd come in, in the morning I'd see "evidence" of the presence of mice.  I immediately told my boss.  He just said yeah....uh, well....you know the drill.  LOL!!!!

Anyway, one day when I was alone in the office, a mouse was only a few inches away from my foot.  Well, I screamed and jumped on the desk.  It ran away but when he came back I gave him a what for!!!!!   LOl!!!!

He had already used poison trays and all that and it really didn't work...UNTIL....

he brought in a cat!  THE CAT!!!!!   A HA!!!  THE CAT!!!! 

NO MORE PROBLEM.  IT WAS FIXED AND I FELL IN LOVE WITH LITTLE HAMBY.  Yes, his name was hamby because I though the top of his head looked like  a little hamburger.   XXXOOO  He was so cute!!!  He was a red cat.  True story!

Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Outdoor dining is very different than indoor dining.

Your tag line made me laugh!!!  Yes, that is pretty much true!!!!  LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya :  Cats are Nature's mousetraps. 

Honored Contributor

I'd accept a mouse but not a rat.  I must be really hungry right now to even think that.

Honored Contributor

We periodically have a terrible mouse problem in my neighborhood and now is one of those times.  If they weren't so darn destructive, I really wouldn't care because they aren't inside the house and I hate to kill anything, even a rodent.  

For years we had 3 snakes that lived under one part of our patio.  I think they may have been taking care of the mice because we didn't have any while we had the snakes.  Now the snakes are gone and we have these mice.