Respected Contributor

Re: Mouse Runs Overhead as Diners Continue to Eat at One of NYC's Finest Restaurants

I agree with @Kalli. We just need to do our best managing the pest situations. After all, there are certain numbers of rodent hairs and bug parts that are allowed in foods we purchase. For example, you may not see the mouse, rat, or bug that contributed to your peanut butter, but it's been there. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mouse Runs Overhead as Diners Continue to Eat at One of NYC's Finest Restaurants

[ Edited ]

So what happened to the rat, and aren't you glad it wasn't a hippo?

I'm sorry, just feeling that way, I'll sign off and go to my room.  They let me out for awhile and my mind once again, has gone amuck!!!Heart  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The rat instantly jumped off the table at the same time that most of us jumped away from the table and scrambled.  At least it did not come near me as it fled the scene.

It was an ugly sight, seeing a rat on the table.  It had obviously fallen through a space that happened to open up in the thatched roof.  Since no one saw it coming, that is the only possible explanation of how it fell down from above.

I can just picture it running across the roof, sniffing the goodies beneath it, and then oops!

Respected Contributor

I am so terrified of mice,I probably talk to a professional.i love the fall and winter,but so terrified of what it brings.my laundry is downstairs in my garage.i literally bring a bell with to ring when I have to do laundry and use my car.i have several traps and poison downstairs.wished I could get over this terrible fear,but have been this way since I was little

Honored Contributor

I was in a department store once and saw a pretty big rat run across the floor. A woman near me screamed and said she felt like she was going to pass out. A manager was called and said they came from a building project near the store.

Honored Contributor

There was a movie about this. He was just trying to ask if you liked your food! Woman Wink

Ratatouille | Know Your Meme

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

A list compiled by Orken of the 50 most rat infested cities in th US.

1. Chicago, Illinois
2. Los Angeles, California
3. New York, New York
4. Washington, DC
5. San Francisco, California
6. Detroit, Michigan
7. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8. Cleveland, Ohio
9. Baltimore, Maryland
10. Denver, Colorado
11. Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota
12. Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
13. Boston, Massachusetts
14. Seattle, Washington
15. Atlanta, Georgia
16. Indianapolis, Indiana
17. Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Florida
18. Hartford, Connecticut
19. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
20. Cincinnati, Ohio
21. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
22. Charlotte, North Carolina
23. Houston, Texas
24. Portland, Oregon
25. Columbus, Ohio
26. San Diego, California
27. Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
28. Buffalo, New York
29. New Orleans, Louisiana
30. Norfolk, Virginia
31. Richmond, Virginia
32. Albany, New York
33. Kansas City, Missouri
34. Portland, Maine
35. Nashville, Tennessee
36. St. Louis, Missouri
37. Sacramento, California
38. Greenville, South Carolina
39. Grand Rapids, Michigan
40. Phoenix, Arizona
41. Orlando, Florida
42. Tampa, Florida
43. Burlington, New York
44. Champaign, Illinois
45. Rochester, New York
46. Syracuse, New York
47. Charleston, West Virginia
48. Dayton, Ohio
49. Memphis, Tennessee
50. Flint, Michigan

Honored Contributor

Those cities are some of my favorite places. Rats must have very sophisticated taste. Or they just go where the people are. London and Paris are high on the world rodent listings. I'm sure some of you have never visited those cities either and never will. Your loss. Quel dommage, ol chaps.

In some of these posts, I am sensing an attempt at continuation of the 'I Hate NYC' thread that rightfully got deleted. Must just be my imagination.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain Nope, not your imagination

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

So what happened to the rat, and aren't you glad it wasn't a hippo?

I'm sorry, just feeling that way, I'll sign off and go to my room.  They let me out for awhile and my mind once again, has gone amuck!!!Heart  Heart

@qualitygal   Post of the day/week/month!

I hate hippos in my soup!Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~