Respected Contributor

After our Starbucks run we encountered an early morning roadblock.

IMG_0940.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Morning Roadblock Photos

[ Edited ]

We waited patiently for a few minutes. He did not move. Bull elk are grumpy now because they are in rut. We moved closer trying to get him to move aside. You can judge his size knowing this was taken from a 4-wheel drive Chevy Tahoe that has a running board step for us to use to get into the vehicle.

IMG_0941.jpeg 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aww...baby needs to go home.  Such a beautiful sight...this elk gifted you with this experience!  How wonderful that you live in an area where you have this connection with wildlife.

In Alaska, it would seem that the wildlife considers all landscape their home.  During my visit, frequently wildlife sauntering/standing on the highway.  Such a majestic state Alaska...raw beauty.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, how I love this ❤❤

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

It must take a lot of patience to live in an area with so much wildlife on the roads.  It's a thrill to see a big bull the first time, then it could become a major annoyance, especially if one was in a hurry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We still get a thrill every time we see them. Most of the locals here are laid back, and it is no big deal to wait a few minutes.

Respected Contributor

Love that!  In upper SC ours are usually a deer or wild turkey (if we're lucky) or a skunk!  lol  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

i love it! 😆 second photo he's like, yeah, whatever 

Esteemed Contributor

Weren't you worried that he might charge at the car?  He's beautiful, but powerful!!

Respected Contributor

@On It I always love to see your photos.  We have lots of wildlife as I live "in the country" but yours is so different and something I don't get to see (and stop for) daily.  Thank you for posting!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.