Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Just awful. She was very beautiful woman. She didn't deserve that.
Valued Contributor

According to CNN...

...E'Dena Hines was his step-granddaughter.

She was the granddaughter of his first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw.

They divorced in 1979 but Freeman always continued to refer to E'Dena as his granddaughter.

Such bonds are sometimes stronger than blood.

For a loooooong time Freeman was said to have been in a 10-year romantic relationship with E'Dena. Its a rumor or accusation he publicly denied a couple of years ago.

edena.jpg

According to sources, the murder was perhaps the result of some maniacal exorcism of sorts. And we all know how well those usually go:

"Witness Brydon Tarafa, 28, told Dailymail.com that he was in his apartment when he heard "Jesus Christ is born". 

"I heard the man yelling 'Jesus Christ is born', like yelling, screaming maniacally,' Tarafa said. "And I heard a woman scream shortly before that."

Another witness, George Hudackoa said he heard the boyfriend scream "Get out, devils! I cast you out, devils! In the name of Jesus Christ, I cast you out."

According to reports, police found her boyfriend standing over her body screaming and the knife was recovered at the scene."

Respected Contributor

How truly sad for him and his family. Prayers for them.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Respected Contributor

Truely horrifying.  I've always been a big fan of his.

A lot of steps are very close.  I never referred to my stepDad as so, he was Dad or my 2nd Dad for over 40 years.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Re: Morgan Freeman Tragedy

[ Edited ]

@surfk wrote:

According to CNN...

...E'Dena Hines was his step-granddaughter.

She was the granddaughter of his first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw.

They divorced in 1979 but Freeman always continued to refer to E'Dena as his granddaughter.

Such bonds are sometimes stronger than blood.

For a loooooong time Freeman was said to have been in a 10-year romantic relationship with E'Dena. Its a rumor or accusation he publicly denied a couple of years ago.

edena.jpg

According to sources, the murder was perhaps the result of some maniacal exorcism of sorts. And we all know how well those usually go:

"Witness Brydon Tarafa, 28, told Dailymail.com that he was in his apartment when he heard "Jesus Christ is born". 

"I heard the man yelling 'Jesus Christ is born', like yelling, screaming maniacally,' Tarafa said. "And I heard a woman scream shortly before that."

Another witness, George Hudackoa said he heard the boyfriend scream "Get out, devils! I cast you out, devils! In the name of Jesus Christ, I cast you out."

According to reports, police found her boyfriend standing over her body screaming and the knife was recovered at the scene."

Yes, that info was in the link I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Respected Contributor

So sad! And very frightening! 

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Yes, that info was in the link I posted at the beginning of this thread.

I know.  I was just kind of reiterating the info for those who might not like to click on links.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't see the need to repeat an unfounded rumor which had been denied by both parties, especially since it has nothing to do with her murder.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

I don't see the need to repeat an unfounded rumor which had been denied by both parties, especially since it has nothing to do with her murder.

It is mentioned and being brought up again since its now a murder investigation.

Ten years of such a rumor is a long time for something completely unfounded to go on. And many people who knew them during those ten years state they they all thought that they had planned to get married. That's an interesting perception of things for those around you to have when they're looking at your relationship.

But its true. Freeman and Hines both strongly denied the rumor's veracity, ultimately.

And that may have been it...had E'dena not now been murdered.

And murdered in such a strange way which seems to implicate some sort of exorcism or psychiatric break by her boyfriend over something "immoral" (happening within his own mind regarding her).

It doesn't make it true that Freeman and Hines were anything but in the relationship as they describe.

(Although...Soon Yi...). lol

Instead, its comes to the fore again as people try to piece together what all could have been the impetus for such a horrific, ballsy murder right on the street. I don't think any scenario leading to all of this is ruled out at this point anyway.

I mean, talk about a crime a passion meeting insanity: to stab a loved one right on a city sidewalk is pretty dang out there to the extreme.

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

It is mentioned and being brought up again since its now a murder investigation.

Ten years of such a rumor is a long time for something completely unfounded to go on. And many people who knew them during those ten years state they they all thought that they had planned to get married. That's an interesting perception of things for those around you to have when they're looking at your relationship.

But its true. Freeman and Hines both strongly denied the rumor's veracity, ultimately.

And that may have been it...had E'dena not now been murdered.

And murdered in such a strange way which seems to implicate some sort of exorcism or psychiatric break by her boyfriend over something "immoral" (happening within his own mind regarding her).

It doesn't make it true that Freeman and Hines were anything but in the relationship as they describe.

(Although...Soon Yi...). lol

Instead, its comes to the fore again as people try to piece together what all could have been the impetus for such a horrific, ballsy murder right on the street. I don't think any scenario leading to all of this is ruled out at this point anyway.

I mean, talk about a crime a passion meeting insanity: to stab a loved one right on a city sidewalk is pretty dang out there to the extreme.

But the murder has nothing to do with Morgan Freeman except for their past family relationship

They know who killed her, they have her roommate/boyfriend in custody, and they have witnesses who saw him kill her while yelling religious phrases.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices