Respected Contributor

Apparently Fergie  (who is living with Andrew despite being divorced) is invited to the wedding and subsequent reception, but is NOT invited to the second reception for family intimates  (daughters Beatrice and Eugenie are invited) and she is ticked off.  Blames Charles.

Honored Contributor

Re: More Royal Wedding Intrigue

@ Well then it is time to renew the vows.

Honored Contributor

Sounds as if the royal family isn't all that much different from lots and lots of families with issues, although I really have never followed any royals enough to know what is the "rule" about ex-spouses.  I just know advice columnists would pose plenty of their columns if there were no complaints about exes.

Honored Contributor

I've heard thst it's Phillip who can't stand her.  I'm surprised she was invited to any part of the wedding.  People were speculating about what would happen when the daughter (Eugenie?) married.  Surely Sarah AND Phillip would want to be present.  Maybe he'll just sulk in his room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm biased as I never could stand "Fergie." I well recall when she came to the U.S. and made very nasty remarks about mothers on welfare.

If she and Andrew want to shack up, who cares? Some spokes person for the royal family said she wasn't invited as she's no longer a royal.

I don't think any of them liked her much, and I've heard for years that Phillip couldn't stand her.

Her daughters seem like nice young women.

Esteemed Contributor

I read Mama Markel will sit down with Oprah soon and spill the beans.  Ugh

Honored Contributor

Poor Fergie.  Yes her daughters are the ages of those getting married, but by blood the daughters are joined to the family.  Fergie isn't, and she'd probably like to be, but she needs to step back.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've heard thst it's Phillip who can't stand her.  I'm surprised she was invited to any part of the wedding.  People were speculating about what would happen when the daughter (Eugenie?) married.  Surely Sarah AND Phillip would want to be present.  Maybe he'll just sulk in his room.

@Kachina624 is right. It is Phillip. He can't stand her. She is still close to the Queen apparently, according to a royal biographer. It's no secret that she and Andrew still live together and  probably would have remarried if it weren't for Phillip. When she, Andrew, and the girls go to Balmoral, they time it so she either arrives before Phillip then leaves, or comes after he has left. Andrew and the girls stay longer. 

When Kate and William got married Andrew held his phone the whole time so she could hear the ceremony. 

I'm glad Harry is inviting her - she IS his aunt, and he grew up with that. 

It will be interesting to see if there is any interaction between her and Phillip. It's not like there's any other drama in that family! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

He'll be ill that day.  I don't blame him.  She would make me ill too. 

Honored Contributor

There will be so many family members at the reception surely they can avoid each other. Why does Philip dislike Sarah so much? Pitiful.