Super Contributor

Re: Monica Lewinski to Join The View?

On 4/2/2015 scotttie said:
On 4/2/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

I liked Bill as President.

I did not like his apparent predatory nature against women and have stated that he is a horn dog.

So, I don't look the other way about that because I agree with him politically.

So much for that theory floating around here.

However, many prominent feminists gave him a pass. Which was a disgrace to their cause.

This is true. The "theory" isn't being applied as a blanket statement; speaking for myself I am surprised at some of the responses by some here defending BC at all costs.

Then again, some will agree because - well, they have no spine of their own.

It doesn't matter if it was "consensual"; if it had been any other man some of these same posters would be hollering about se*ual haressment and they know it.

The law doesn't require the harassement to be r*pe; a woman consenting to a s8xual encounter doesn't mean she wanted it.

I'm not saying ML's case she didn't really want it; but let's keep this real. It still comes down to who the man was in this situation; all hail would have broken loose if it had been another man.

Defend your positions, ladies.

Super Contributor

However, many prominent feminists gave him a pass. Which was a disgrace to their cause.

It's because their cause really isn't defending all women.... the women have to be the right kind.

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Cakers1 said:
On 4/2/2015 KittyLouSoutenu said:

I liked Bill as President.

I did not like his apparent predatory nature against women and have stated that he is a horn dog.

So, I don't look the other way about that because I agree with him politically.

So much for that theory floating around here.

This is true. The "theory" isn't being applied as a blanket statement; speaking for myself I am surprised at some of the responses by some here defending BC at all costs.

Then again, some will agree because - well, they have no spine of their own.

It doesn't matter if it was "consensual"; if it had been any other man some of these same posters would be hollering about se*ual haressment and they know it.

The law doesn't require the harassement to be r*pe; a woman consenting to a s8xual encounter doesn't mean she wanted it.

I'm not saying ML's case she didn't really want it; but let's keep this real. It still comes down to who the man was in this situation; all hail would have broken loose if it had been another man.

Defend your positions, ladies.

All h-ll did break loose.

Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 SoX said:
On 4/2/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

Again, haven't read this entire thread and so this comment is directed at nobody or any particular post.

What I want to comment is that the whole Lewinsky/Clinton episode was classic in exposing the hypocrisy of the "women's movement." Because Clinton was "their guy" what he did was fine and dandy and a "private matter". ROFLMBO!

For decades women campaigned (and rightly so!) for the right to not be harrassed in the workplace (and what he did with her would generally be considered *s* harrassment at any corporation in the country); and then *they* simply excuse it because of who he was. Yes SMH ever since.

The hypocrisy of the woman's movement? She was never harassed, in fact it was consensual.

Of course it was ... let's hope we don't re-write history here.

I should add that I'll probably watch her, because I already watch The View.

You know as well as I do that any man in a position of authority over a woman would be dismissed immediately from his corp. job for such behavior. Yes, lets not rewrite history. This was a banner issue for the feminists for many years. They threw all women under the bus to support BC's despicable behavior.

The hypocrisy is laughable here.

I have to say I honestly never saw that happen with "the feminists" ...... and since you won't name names, we'll have to take it with a grain of salt. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Contributor

On 4/2/2015 raven-blackbird said:
On 4/2/2015 SoX said:

Again, haven't read this entire thread and so this comment is directed at nobody or any particular post.

What I want to comment is that the whole Lewinsky/Clinton episode was classic in exposing the hypocrisy of the "women's movement." Because Clinton was "their guy" what he did was fine and dandy and a "private matter". ROFLMBO!

For decades women campaigned (and rightly so!) for the right to not be harrassed in the workplace (and what he did with her would generally be considered *s* harrassment at any corporation in the country); and then *they* simply excuse it because of who he was. Yes SMH ever since.

The hypocrisy of the woman's movement? She was never harassed, in fact it was consensual.

You know as well as I do that any man in a position of authority over a woman would be dismissed immediately from his corp. job for such behavior. Yes, lets not rewrite history. This was a banner issue for the feminists for many years. They threw all women under the bus to support BC's despicable behavior.

scottie............the hypocrisy stops when BOTH sekes are held accountable........yeah Bill is a scum bag as a human being.......but.........so were the women.......they let the lure his position take control of their common sense and their emotional well being........................................raven

That's what I think as well.

Honored Contributor

Women have thrown themselves at high profile men since the beginning of time .... politicians, rock stars, ministers, and yes, even nerdy scientists. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

And yes, women have had affairs with married men since forever, but no one has ever come close to taking the heat for it that ML did. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 SnowPink said:

It's because their cause really isn't defending all women.... the women have to be the right kind.

NOW THOSE WORDS may be truer, then not.....................................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Women have thrown themselves at high profile men since the beginning of time .... politicians, rock stars, ministers, and yes, even nerdy scientists. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

And yes, women have had affairs with married men since forever, but no one has ever come close to taking the heat for it that ML did. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Both the men and the women get major heat. Think of all the s-x scandals. Both people get the heat.

Super Contributor

On 4/2/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

When you do the nasty with one of the most powerful men in the world..... yeah, that's gonna get more attention than a fling in a hotel with Kenny the copy guy.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 eloise said:
On 4/2/2015 raven-blackbird said:
On 4/2/2015 SoX said:

scottie............the hypocrisy stops when BOTH sekes are held accountable........yeah Bill is a scum bag as a human being.......but.........so were the women.......they let the lure his position take control of their common sense and their emotional well being........................................raven

That's what I think as well.

There is no hypocrisy from my vantage point, but laugh all you want. The women's movement did not, nor will they ever, support a woman just because she's a woman. If she's wrong, she's wrong ... don't play in the mud if you don't want to get dirty (in more ways than one).