Honored Contributor

Re: Money You Found, How Much, Where, etc.?

@BunSnoop 

When I got out of the car at the grocery store I saw quite a bit of cash in the parking lot. My younger sister said let me have it. I saw someone walking in front of us in the parking lot so I yelled at her. I asked did you lose some money? She started freaking out thanking me. I'm sure she wouldn't have been able to pay for her groceries.

Bank teller gave me too much money once. I was counting it again on the way out because I didn't think it was right. I had too much money so I took it back inside. They kept all my info in case they balanced at end of day without it they would give it back to me? Even if they did balance it wasn't my money?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@beckyb1012 

I have a $1 bill my dad's dad carried in his pocket every day. It's folded up in a box of coins my dad gave me. He collected coins. He told me not to unfold it as it would fall apart it's so old. 

You need to pass that information on to one of your grandchildren or great grandchildren to look after when you go to your reward. 

My great grandmother put all her $1.00 bills underneath a beauty mirror on her dresser in her bedroom.  In 1969 she took me in there and showed me the stash I was so in awe, I was 6 years old.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I have yet to find any..... But I'm still looking.  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SloopJohnB wrote:

I have one similar to the tall one below and throw all found "coin" money from my walks into it when I walk back inside.  It is about half full after many many years of collecting.  It is part of my "retirement." Smiley LOL  I told my GD she could have it when I pass on.  It is amazing how many loose coins are on the street and I can scope them out even in the dark!!    Keep looking.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

I have one similar to the tall one below and throw all found "coin" money from my walks into it when I walk back inside.  It is about half full after many many years of collecting.  It is part of my "retirement." Smiley LOL  I told my GD she could have it when I pass on.  It is amazing how many loose coins are on the street and I can scope them out even in the dark!!    Keep looking.Heart

@beckyb1012   Yes, I better keep my eyes peeled.  💙. Lucky little GD you have!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella @Daisy Sunflower @SloopJohnB @beckyb1012 @Nightowlz 

Found some...not much.

Turned it into the mall info desk and realized how dumb that was of me 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Oh well...whoever got it maybe really needed it!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Found $20.00 once in the pocket of a coat hanging in my closet. Otherwise, have only found an occassional coin on the ground.

Trusted Contributor

I found $20 on the street in Las Vegas years ago.  Put it in a slot machine and won over $400.   

Honored Contributor

I found  $300 in an old handbag that I hadn't carried in my years.  Found it scrunched up in the corner of my closet and before I tossed it out, I looked inside.  A lipstick,  some tissues,  old mail.....and three $100 bills.  From the mail, I could tell I hadn't carried that bag in 8 years.  

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella  I once found $75 from my ATM withdrawal that I completely forgot about years later in one of my tote bag pockets- it was so exciting to find it last year! I used it to buy groceries and some candy. Smiley Happy