Respected Contributor

@shoekitty  I agree with you and I find it really obnoxious and intrusive!

Honored Contributor

I will do it again ,but it doesn't work ,and I give them 10 days, more than 10 days in fact 

Thanks ladies

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Qvc tracks me all over the internet. Mmore so than any place I shop.  Horrible.  As soon as i look at anything it follows me everywhere.  Big photos of everything I have bought or have looked at.  I go to NAI and opt out.  But that works for only a bit. The emails I unsubscribe to.  But the tracking is cheap.  Makes me so mad sometimes i go somewhere else and buy what I need.  They put big photos right where I need to read on other sights.

Same here.  I remember when qvc said we would never sell your information....  I see not only the qvc ads, but competing ads....I think there are ways to avoid this == it is a cookie issue == but I just ignore all this.

Honored Contributor

YAY.. It finally worked. They shipped my panties. and didn't send me an email .telling me they were shipped

Thank you Mods and Q ladies

Ps... they shipped in just two days, from my order date..Things are looking up...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

You can unsubscribe all you want, but that will not stop the ads from QVC or other places you browse and shop from then setting a cookie on your computer and popping up anywhere they have agreements with advertising companies to show their ad while you surf the web. There are several ways to get around this...

1) Set your web browser to only allow cookies from VISITED sites (not third party sites) OR turn off all cookies. These actions may break sites you need to function properly, such as banking or bill paying sites. However, in each web browser is a place to then add the site you need to work so that it can set any cookie it wants. You will need to investigate how to do this on your own. Each web browser is slightly different, and I do not know what you use.

2) Use a cookie and history cleaner such as CCleaner or BleachBit to clean your history and cookies every time you close your browser. Do not rely on the browser to do it properly for you (although it would certainly help you to at least use that feature if nothing else). Also, do not get crazy and start cleaning everything else off your computer with these programs just because the options are there. Use it only for cookies and history to start. You will need to choose the settings to use. And, you will have to sign back in to many web sites until you choose to go add them to the do not clean list within the program (CCleaner).

3) Use the private browsing feature included in many browsers these days (definitely available in Chrome and Firefox). Some extensions and add-ones do not work in private browsing, so be aware of that.

4) Use a privacy add-on like NoScript or Ghostery. Go read about them. Again, you will lose website functionality when you use something like this until you figure out what not to block on each site and whitelist it. Learning these things take time and effort, but if you intend to use the web in the modern world, you are going to have to do most of the work to keep yourself secure and private.

I know these ideas will all help you. You just have to be willing to learn about and use them. Companies exist to generate revenue. You can complain about their methods all you like, but it will do you no good. May I suggest taking back your power by educating yourself in how to surf defensively and then enjoying the control that you regain? Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

Qvc tracks me all over the internet. Mmore so than any place I shop.  Horrible.  As soon as i look at anything it follows me everywhere.  Big photos of everything I have bought or have looked at.  I go to NAI and opt out.  But that works for only a bit. The emails I unsubscribe to.  But the tracking is cheap.  Makes me so mad sometimes i go somewhere else and buy what I need.  They put big photos right where I need to read on other sights.

Same here.  I remember when qvc said we would never sell your information....  I see not only the qvc ads, but competing ads....I think there are ways to avoid this == it is a cookie issue == but I just ignore all this.

Shoekitty said

you can go to NAI and do all the opt ads for online advertising.  It works only for a while, as soon as you clear a catche, and do a couple other things it is back.  Works for about a few days.  The other day qvc had this huge ad covering something I was reading.  There was an arrow to cancel the ad.  Lol, good luck...it just goves you another ad.  The ads at top of page are most annoying.  They call it tracking so they canhelp us find things we like.  Balony.  They dont sell our onfo to another company.  They hire an ad tracker.  When you go to qvc website they follow you everywhere you go after you leave qvc.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty so the adtracker has the information, as does the website where the ad is placed.  That is how they do ads for similar products.  The poster above you has good ideas to end this.  Too much work for me right now.  Don’t click where it tells you to click to stop.  Like you said, you just get another ad.  Look for the x to close.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I shouldn't be forced to do that..No means no, and I think they should respect that..but ,thank you for your suggestion @Still Raining 

No you shouldn't, but I've gotten to an age where I just want to solve problems, not continue to argue with a system that is unresponsive.  This sounds like a good solution.

Honored Contributor
I unsubscribed and I no longer get Q emails. Am trying to get rid of many others but it isn’t easy.