Occasional Contributor

I hadn’t seen Antonella in some time but was surprised to find out she is undergoing chemo after cancer surgery.  I don’t watch that much anymore but I had noticed the Katie McGee was gone.   Some of the people that are let go make sense, but then some they keep dont....then they hire that gal on nights Searcy or something who hasn’t been impressive.

I certainly wish her well in her fight against Cancer.

Honored Contributor

There was once a group of about 5 new hosts pictured on the old Insider magazine QVC put out.  I think Kourtney Khondabi was in that group.  The rest I can't remember.  Does anyone keep close enough track to say who is left?  I believe that group was an attempt at diversity, they all had dark hair and olive skin.

Honored Contributor

@depglass   Courtney Khondabi is the only host left from her new hire group.  The others were:

Mary Nelson

Cathy Pedrayes

Kristine Zell

Alex Butler

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass  Kourtney apparently came on the same time as Kristine Zell, Mary Nelson, and Cathy Pedrayas. I thought there was a 5th as Kristine was immediately pregnant and didn't start right away (if memory serves correct.)  If there was another at that time, it may have been that young African American girl who couldn't stop saying "oh my god" a gazillion times each presentation. She didn't last very long so may have been stricken from the online record that I'm linking below.

https://www.qvc.com/content/insideq/new-host-follow-up-editorial.html

I always thought Kourtney stood out.  Basso is always rude to new hosts and she really shined in her early shows with him, not allowing him to rattle her.

Honored Contributor

I have never wondered where the host are.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego , wasn't Alex in that group as well?  She didn't last long at all.

Cathy Pedrayes is some kind of security expert or something. She does all kinds of stuff on her social media about staying safe in various situations.

The other day there was a story on our local news about safety and there was Cathy Pedrayes talking.  I wasn't paying attention but it struck me to see her face up there talking about safety issues.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Yes - @Caaareful Shopper provided the full list.  She was the one that kept saying "oh my god".  Now, I'm not normally bothered by this phrase - I'm sure I say it every so often myself.  But, I actually felt uncomfortable listening to her!  And, if it bothered me, I'm sure there were far more people out there willing to complain loudly about it.  She did get better about it, but it was still liberally peppered about.  Kind of a shame too, because the last time I saw her, I actively remember being otherwise impressed with her presentations.  

It seems like a lot of people on these boards liked Cathy.  I guess I didn't care much about her one way or the other.  But, I guess I can say that about most of the new hosts.