Honored Contributor

B.J. Thomas Dies From Lung Cancer

[ Edited ]

Singer of Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head from Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid  and Hooked On A Feeling.  Age 78 yrs. R.I.P.

Source:  TMZ

Honored Contributor

Re: B.J. Thomas Dies From Lung Cancer

Very saddened to learn this.

Loved his music!

May he rest in peace.  

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear BJ Thomas has passed away.  He had a great voice and my favorite song by him, the original Hank Williams, song,is I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry. Of course Raindrops and Hooked on a Feeling were big hits.  

We can still listen to his music and he left his mark in the entertainment/music world.  Rest in Peace, BJ.

Honored Contributor

We saw him within the past couple of years.  He was old, worn out, and in a really lousy mood.  I’m not sure if he had been diagnosed yet or not.  I’m sorry for his family but glad that he’s healed and in his heavenly home. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

We saw him within the past couple of years.  He was old, worn out, and in a really lousy mood.  I’m not sure if he had been diagnosed yet or not.  I’m sorry for his family but glad that he’s healed and in his heavenly home. 

@JeanLouiseFinch  Oh, that had to be disappointing and doesn't sound like a very pleasant evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Oh, that had to be disappointing and doesn't sound like a very pleasant evening.

Yeah, that’s true, @Pearlee   He wasn’t the worst though.  Ronnie Milsap was worse than awful. It was pitiful.  He couldn’t even use one hand to play the piano and he had obvious tremors.  I don’t think he’s well.  I think, in some way, we wanted to revisit our past and hear songs we grew up with.  Sadly, someone should have advised these guys years earlier that it was time to face reality and stop touring. 🤷‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Singer of Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head from Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid  and Hooked On A Feeling.  Age 78 yrs. R.I.P.

Awww I had his wife & him in labor at a NYC hospital.  He gave us all an album and was very nice.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Awww I had his wife & him in labor at a NYC hospital.  He gave us all an album and was very nice.

@Stray  Great story, thanks for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

Just read in the NY Post that he also sang the theme song to the sitcom Growing Pains.  I didn't watch the show so I'm not familiar with the song.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Oh, how terrible for him and the audience.  Maybe he wasn't well at that point...my heart aches when this happens.

As someone who frequents concerts of "aging" performers, I can tell you that I can only recall one time the artist was a mess.

Most times they are joyous with voices that have held up.  They work hard to bring the audience into their world and the evening flies by filled with happy memories.