Esteemed Contributor

National Memorial Day Concert

So glad to see that Gary Sinise will be there to host this year.  He adds so much, along with Joe Mantegna they are an unbeatable pair.

https://www.pbs.org/national-memorial-day-concert/concert/performers/

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: National Memorial Day Concert

@Marp   Thank you for the reminder of this somber yet thoughtfully produced tribute every Memorial Day!  I, too, am glad to see Gary and Joe back together this year.  

Thank you for all posters who have served, have family or friends who have served our  country and a special thank you for those family members or friends made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

God bless!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

They are both great guys! Gary Sinise is exemplary.

Honored Contributor

It's been an excellent presentation this year!  I can't think of one I've enjoyed more.  What a wonderful thing. 

Honored Contributor

I guess I missed it; the Memorial Day concert was on Sunday rather than Memorial Day.  That's okay, I have plenty of other things to do today.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

So glad to see that Gary Sinise will be there to host this year.  He adds so much, along with Joe Mantegna they are an unbeatable pair.

https://www.pbs.org/national-memorial-day-concert/concert/performers/

Thank you, @Marp .

Yes, these concerts are very beautiful, always.

I appreciate -each time I read- your "quote"; I absolutely concur with what you had written, ....but changing a tad, defining myself as;

`The more I learn the more I definitely do not understand a great majority of people- period`.

Yes, indeed, .... I am very much as {{ IN}} setting a positive Example for the Common Good.   Woman Happy

Thank you for your post~  May 31st, 2021: Monday

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

I love the song Vince, and sorry can't remember his last name, sang and played.  I think he wrote it. Beautiful, but sad

Honored Contributor

We watched this concert and it was wonderful. Very moving and great job honoring the memory of so many who gave their all for us.
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I love the song Vince, and sorry can't remember his last name, sang and played.  I think he wrote it. Beautiful, but sad

That was Vince Gill, and the song is Go Rest High On That Mountain...one of my favorites! 

Honored Contributor

I guess I missed it.  Looked for it Monday.  

RIP, dear heroes and protectors of past, present, and future.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).