Honored Contributor

Re: Missing Woman From Cohasset, MA

@Barbinboston wrote:

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to watch the evening news.  Didn' t know it had gotten coverage outside of MA.

So sad as I think we all know what happened.  Men are sooo dumb to think they can get away with murdering their wife.  Just like the Dateline show the other night where "the husband did it".

Prayers for the children and her family.

I get breaking news from one of the Boston stations, I live in Massachsetts. I guess because she works in DC is the reason why the story went national.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple Thank God!  I assume the children are safe.

Please keep the MA deets coming.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

@JaneMarple Thank God!  I assume the children are safe.

Please keep the MA deets coming.

Yes, her children are safe, and in the custody of the state department of children and families. The police are in possession of his vehicle.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

From channel 10, Boston:

"The husband of missing Cohasset, Massachusetts, woman Ana Walshe, was arrested Sunday on accusations that he misled authorities during their investigation into his wife's disappearance.  NBC10 Boston has learned this is not the first time he's had a run-in with the law -- he pled guilty in 2021 to federal fraud charges."

Honored Contributor

His fraud charges are not relevant right now. 

From what I have read her work place in DC never expected her as there had been no emergency.   Did the husband call to cover himself??

What a very odd case-especially regarding the ride share.  If he has something to do with her disappearance, he should have known there was no ride share so why even offer that as a clue to investigators??

I am saddened to read the children are in the care of the foster system.  How bewildered they must be, scared, and I hope they will not be sent to different foster care homes.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

COHASSET, Mass. —

Blood and a knife were found in the basement of a missing woman's Cohasset home, and her husband repeatedly mislead investigators in the search for the Massachusetts mother of three, prosecutors said Monday.

Brian Walshe, 46, was arraigned Monday on a charge of misleading a police investigation in connection with the disappearance of his 39-year-old wife, Ana Walshe, who has not been seen since he early morning hours of New Year's Day.

During the investigation, Brian Walshe told officials that the only left the couple's home on Jan. 1 to get ice cream for his son, however surveillance video at Home Depot in Rockland showed him purchasing $450 worth of cleaning supplies.

Blood and knife that had blood on it was found in the basement of the home, officials said.

District attorney’s office says Brian Walshe was supposed to be on house arrest bc of pending sentencing in federal court.

WCVB

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

This is what happens when you are under house arrest and you spend much too much time watching ID murder shows. He was a failure as an art thief. Now he's a failure at murder.  

Honored Contributor

How dumb can this husband be? He didn't report her missing, Ana's job made the initial report. Her phone pinged from her home up until the 2nd, I guess he forgot to get rid of it! And he didn't know that Home Depot has cameras? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

COHASSET, Mass. —

Blood and a knife were found in the basement of a missing woman's Cohasset home, and her husband repeatedly mislead investigators in the search for the Massachusetts mother of three, prosecutors said Monday.

Brian Walshe, 46, was arraigned Monday on a charge of misleading a police investigation in connection with the disappearance of his 39-year-old wife, Ana Walshe, who has not been seen since he early morning hours of New Year's Day.

During the investigation, Brian Walshe told officials that the only left the couple's home on Jan. 1 to get ice cream for his son, however surveillance video at Home Depot in Rockland showed him purchasing $450 worth of cleaning supplies.

Blood and knife that had blood on it was found in the basement of the home, officials said.

District attorney’s office says Brian Walshe was supposed to be on house arrest bc of pending sentencing in federal court.

WCVB

I read that the knife with blood on it was also damaged.

Super Contributor

I thought there was a problem from the start when he said he didn't report her missing because she would leave on business and not contact him or the kids so he didn't think there was a problem, when others said she would never do that, and would always be in constant contact with her family.

More about the "cleaning supplies" he bought:

"Although Brian Walshe was supposed to be home under house arrest while awaiting sentencing in an unrelated case, authorities said he was caught on surveillance cameras buying a tarp, mops, tape and other cleaning supplies from a Home Depot . Authorities said he also lied about trips he took to Whole Foods and CVS, according to the news station WFXT Boston.

“These various statements caused a lot of delays, to the point that, during the timeframe when he didn’t report his wife, that gave him time to either clean up evidence or dispose of evidence,” Beland said in court, WFTX reports."

So JMO I figure he rolled her up in the tarp and dumped her (buried her?). For her families sake and closure, I hope they find her. It would be nice if he would cooperate with investigators, but unless they offer him some deal I doubt he will.